ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley SM80F  (Read 33045 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Danley SM80F
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2018, 02:39:59 PM »

I can carry and lift them on a crank stand by myself, and I'm old.

I relate size and weight to output. In that respect I find them not very heavy at all.

I hope you misread the subject. The SM80F is a 215lb speaker with 2 15”, 1 12”, and a compression driver. They should not be on most crank stands, and probably shouldn’t be handled alone.

Mac

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2018, 02:43:26 PM »

Pretty sure John is thinking SM80, not SM80F lol.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2018, 02:49:29 PM »

I can carry and lift them on a crank stand by myself, and I'm old.

I relate size and weight to output. In that respect I find them not very heavy at all.
The SM80F?  The spec sheet says it weighs 215lbs.  Wheaties or spinach?

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2018, 03:49:04 PM »

I hope you misread the subject. The SM80F is a 215lb speaker with 2 15”, 1 12”, and a compression driver. They should not be on most crank stands, and probably shouldn’t be handled alone.

Mac
I agree.

It is easy to move them around (get into position-as long as there are not any stairs), but lifting should be with another person.

Something that many people "forget" is that there are different weight ratings for the same stand.

If the weight is centered over the stand or just outside of the main "shaft", that is the most capacity.

If you are using forks, the further out on the forks you go, the less the capacity of the stand.

So there are a good number of "it depends" at play here.

I would be very cautious about crank stands and such, where the cabinet could fall a good distance and hurt somebody.

The SM80F was not really intended to be a portable PA cabinet, getting it in the air can be a pain.  It is not hard for 2 decent people (even as old as I am, I can still do it), to get it up 40".  45" is doable, but pushing the limit.  30" is a piece of cake.

It was intended for sidefills (sitting on a road case), or a drum fill or DJ fill.

In an install situation, weight is often not an issue, and having the sub and the full range in the cabinet means a better alignment, and only 1 cabinet to hang.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

John L Nobile

« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2018, 04:50:16 PM »

Mac

Oops. I did misread it. The mind is such a terrible thing to waste.

Still weighs less than an MLS3. I'm still moving those myself horizontaly but not vertically.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 04:55:13 PM by John L Nobile »

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2018, 05:17:33 PM »

Oops. I did misread it. The mind is such a terrible thing to waste.

Still weighs less than an MLS3. I'm still moving those myself horizontaly but not vertically.
The MLS3 (Microlinea Suspended) LED light is much lighter, the Meyers Sound Labs MSL3(A) weighs 241 pounds.
The "dust" on a 1980's vintage MSL3 could weigh several ounces, depending on which tours it was out on ;^)

Cheers,
Art

John L Nobile

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2018, 05:26:35 PM »

The MLS3 (Microlinea Suspended) LED light is much lighter, the Meyers Sound Labs MSL3(A) weighs 241 pounds.
The "dust" on a 1980's vintage MSL3 could weigh several ounces, depending on which tours it was out on ;^)

Cheers,
Art

I think I'm losing it. It's been a really rough day at work. And it's not over yet.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2018, 05:26:35 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 25 queries.