ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Clogged fog heater  (Read 14110 times)

Rolando Saenz

Re: Clogged fog heater
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 10:07:54 AM »

CLR = Calcium Lime Rust remover. Typically found in any big box/grocery/hardware store here in the States.

https://clrbrands.com/Products/CLR-Household/CLR-Calcium-Lime-Rust-Remover

Thanks ;)

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 11:36:33 AM »

You can also chuck a guitar string up into a drill and run it inside the tube. Sometimes that action will get it unplugged.
Great idea Tim!
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 02:02:41 PM »

I picked up a couple used Chauvet RGB Geysers.  One has developed a clogged heater... oddly enough, this happened while I was running through a 50/50 Distilled Water/White Vinegar cleaning cycle.

I took the unit apart and verified there were no clogs leading up to the inlet of the heater. I also verified the pump was working.

I tried running a guitar string (tried E,  A and D) through the heater, but it appears the path takes a lot of twists and turns.  I ran the string into the inlet about 18" or so before I got scared of breaking it off inside the heater.  It never did make it all the way through.

I tried tried forcing air, water, and vinegar into the inlet with a squeeze bulb, but never got it to come out of the outlet.

So far, none of this has improved the situation.

The last thing for me to try (that I can think of) is what was mentioned here- to use CLR.  I pickup up some CLR, but it states on the bottle "Do not use on steam machines".  For those of you who have used CLR with success, have you had any problems? Is there anything else worth trying?

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 03:44:32 PM »

Just run distilled water through it after the CLR. You'll be fine.

The warning is for idiots who would put CLR in a steamer and try to huff it.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2018, 12:33:56 PM »

Update: I've been trying to run CLR through it for 4 days. The most I can get through is about 1 drop a day. I have a syringe filled with CLR attached to the inlet. Pressure is being applied to the plunger to force liquid into the inlet. I've tried putting a tire pump on the inlet while applying 120 lbs of air pressure.  I can't feel the air coming out the other side.  I've tried the guitar string many times, but it eventually reaches a point where it just won't go any further.

I'm beginning to think this one is a lost cause and I should just get a new heater.

David Allred

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2018, 10:27:36 AM »

Update: I've been trying to run CLR through it for 4 days. The most I can get through is about 1 drop a day. I have a syringe filled with CLR attached to the inlet. Pressure is being applied to the plunger to force liquid into the inlet. I've tried putting a tire pump on the inlet while applying 120 lbs of air pressure.  I can't feel the air coming out the other side.  I've tried the guitar string many times, but it eventually reaches a point where it just won't go any further.

I'm beginning to think this one is a lost cause and I should just get a new heater.
Got any way to apply vacuum and draw cleaner backwards.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 12:11:51 PM »

Or blow from the output end.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Rolando Saenz

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 07:53:56 PM »

Or blow from the output end.

so what happened
???
bought a new heater ?
or a new machine

David Allred

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2020, 10:14:51 PM »

so what happened
???
bought a new heater ?
or a new machine

I think I had a couple of fogger threads.  IIRC this one I got cleared by making a "hydraulic" pump with a brass fitting combo that would attach to the exit end and pushed the CLR through and the scale out.  So good results.  The other thread (fogger) I didn't have any luck.  Win some, lose some.

Rolando Saenz

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2020, 10:34:25 AM »

I think I had a couple of fogger threads.  IIRC this one I got cleared by making a "hydraulic" pump with a brass fitting combo that would attach to the exit end and pushed the CLR through and the scale out.  So good results.  The other thread (fogger) I didn't have any luck.  Win some, lose some.

I hear you man

Hey, is there somewhere that is your go to supplier of parts for foggers ?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2020, 10:34:25 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.