ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church lighting  (Read 2142 times)

Cody Parson

Church lighting
« on: January 28, 2018, 04:08:57 PM »

Hi, I'm new to this forum, so I hope I am using it correctly.

My church is very dimly light. It's a problem that we would like to tackle this year. I'm looking for simple and affordable ways to brighten our church. I'm including a photo of the sanctuary. The red areas are directly below the light fixtures. These are the only areas that are adequately lit.  Here are some ideas I have:

Place LED strips (the blue lines in the picture) on the ledges of the wooden walls, shining straight up along the white walls. Not sure if they need to be a softer yellow or if they can be bright white.

Replace the yellow tinted glass on the fixtures with whiter, frosted glass/acrylic. Possibly change the bulbs too. This might be the most time consuming, but I'm willing to put in the work.

Do these (or other) ideas seem feasible? Any ideas would help. Thank you

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber