Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: NAMM  (Read 8772 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: NAMM
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 03:45:05 PM »

As I don't ever get to go, I always rely on you guys to bring us the latest and greatest from NAMM.... but this year it's been quiet.
Just for you Debbie.

I know you want some for your bedroom

https://www.facebook.com/discjockeynews/videos/10156016104100645/?fref=gs&dti=733449990043427&hc_location=group
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Scott Bolt

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 05:10:30 PM »

Just for you Debbie.

https://www.facebook.com/discjockeynews/videos/10156016104100645/?fref=gs&dti=733449990043427&hc_location=group
OMG!  You are killing me ;)

Perhaps they will make one next year with an integrated fog machine?

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 05:22:08 PM »

OMG!  You are killing me ;)

Perhaps they will make one next year with an integrated fog machine?
Now THAT is forward thinking.

Maybe you can sell the idea.  I know some people would buy it.

Apparently they (and others with the same basic ideas) sell truckloads of those type speakers.

No wonder the bar is so low for audio quality.

As Don Davis said "If bad sound were fatal, audio would be the leading cause of death".
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2018, 05:22:29 PM »

Just for you Debbie.

Don't laugh at me but.......

My bedroom night stand lamps are remote controlled mini par/floods on slow chase attached to the headboard frame on either side with C clamps....
and my night stands are 10u rack cases on wheels with front lids removed and shelves and drawers installed.....
I said don't laugh...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2018, 06:03:02 PM »

As I don't ever get to go, I always rely on you guys to bring us the latest and greatest from NAMM.... but this year it's been quiet.

I'm in the same boat here, there doesn't seem to have been much of anything discussed so far.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2018, 06:20:01 PM »

...and my night stands are 10u rack cases on wheels with front lids removed and shelves and drawers installed...

Thanks for the idea Debbie!  I built my kitchen table out of light truss, but that’s the furthest I’ve gone with intentional “equipment furniture”.  I might have to give your nightstand idea a try though. 

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2018, 06:29:21 PM »

Thanks for the idea Debbie!  I built my kitchen table out of light truss, but that’s the furthest I’ve gone with intentional “equipment furniture”.  I might have to give your nightstand idea a try though.

It's actually quite practical. Because of the wheels, they are easily moved to clean behind.
The drawers are well made and secure. I have a 1 space and a 2 space drawer in each 'night stand' and an open shelf in each one too which gives us plenty of storage space.
I have a piece of good quality black shelf liner on the top of each one too.

Chris won't allow me to do anything else in other rooms but if it were down to me, I'd decorate the whole house in a musical/SR theme.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jay Marr

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 09:34:35 AM »

It's actually quite practical. Because of the wheels, they are easily moved to clean behind.
The drawers are well made and secure. I have a 1 space and a 2 space drawer in each 'night stand' and an open shelf in each one too which gives us plenty of storage space.
I have a piece of good quality black shelf liner on the top of each one too.

Chris won't allow me to do anything else in other rooms but if it were down to me, I'd decorate the whole house in a musical/SR theme.

If you could talk to my wife for a few minutes, I would greatly appreciate it.
I have two 20 space road case racks in my office all filled with rack drawers and all my 'stuff' is contained within.  I love the look....but she's not a fan.

A buddy of mine that builds rack cases, built a giant bedframe that looks like a road case.  Drawers underneath, etc.
It's a bit overboard, but the craftsmanship was outstanding.
He's since gotten married....I guess I should ask him the current location of that bed. :)

kel mcguire

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 12:18:59 PM »

If you could talk to my wife for a few minutes, I would greatly appreciate it.
I have two 20 space road case racks in my office all filled with rack drawers and all my 'stuff' is contained within.  I love the look....but she's not a fan.

A buddy of mine that builds rack cases, built a giant bedframe that looks like a road case.  Drawers underneath, etc.
It's a bit overboard, but the craftsmanship was outstanding.
He's since gotten married....I guess I should ask him the current location of that bed. :)

made me laugh!

kel mcguire

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 12:38:39 PM »

I suppose if you only looked for new groundbreaking game-changing products in your interest sphere, you might consider the NAMM 2018 a "bust". I can understand that. But, thousands of companies make up the show and thousands of visitors walked the halls. It's quite expensive, and a lot of work to exhibit at a trade show like NAMM. The lack of surprise for new products due to online information does steal a bit of thunder, but it's also less important to me to only focus on whats new. 

I particularly enjoyed the new pro audio halls near the Hilton. Better lighting, better bathrooms and less music store 'friends' looking for autographs/endorsements....not that end users aren't important.  Working as an exhibitor makes it difficult to impossible to take in the scope of the show, but I enjoyed our neighbors and the quiet walk-around time before 10am. There's so much to take in from the brilliant and uber experienced people building and selling, that the products are less fascinating to me. But I suppose that comes from 35+ years of attending...and experiencing both sides; attendee and exhibitor.

That being said, I did hope to see a few things for my own personal interests, like some QSC KW.2  :D

I think the new layout will feel less new next year. I enjoyed the show. Not a bust

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 12:38:39 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.