Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: NAMM  (Read 8778 times)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
NAMM
« on: January 27, 2018, 05:11:35 PM »

Apparently NAMM has been a bust this year.  I've heard NOTHING of interest.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: NAMM
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 05:16:42 PM »

An old friend of mine James Brown, is showing his first Amptweaker Guitar Amp in booth 4034.

James designed the 5150 while at Peavey and other amps around the industry before starting his own compnay. Tell him I said hi.  8)

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Loren Miller

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 09:02:45 PM »

Yeah, not much, Sennheiser G4 looks decent for a mid level unit, 50mw of power seems crazy high, the new db tech LA looks interesting depending on price. Other than that not much...although the AES training would have been fun to go to.

James Paul

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 07:34:39 AM »

By what measure deemed `a bust' ?
FWIW:
A number of firsts this year starting with the the not so insignificant expansion of the ACC of over 200,00 square feet floor space with the new North Hall for both exhibitors and attendees.
Next was the focus by NAMM on pro audio and event technology for 2018, with the inclusion and integration of A.E.S. and ESTA education & training.
Also a couple pertinent debut exhibits by Funktion-One, Adamson Systems were obvious.

The NAMM show is the largest gathering, in the largest exhibition complex on the US western coast, drawing from a national and international source and variety of manufactures, buyers, sellers, artists and purveyors of all things musical, going on 116 years.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 07:57:07 AM »

FWIW:
A number of firsts this year starting with the the not so insignificant expansion of the ACC of over 200,00 square feet floor space with the new North Hall for both exhibitors and attendees.
Next was the focus by NAMM on pro audio and event technology for 2018, with the inclusion and integration of A.E.S. and ESTA education & training.
Also a couple pertinent debut exhibits by Funktion-One, Adamson Systems were obvious.

The NAMM show is the largest gathering, in the largest exhibition complex on the US western coast, drawing from a national and international source and variety of manufactures, buyers, sellers, artists and purveyors of all things musical, going on 116 years.
"A bust" meaning that this thread started on the third day of the show was the first mention of NAMM on this forum (other than Loren's reminder about the Sennheiser G4 which was discussed earlier).

I realize NAMM is an important show for manufacturers and the sales channel to connect, but the internet seems to have stolen the thunder of product releases which tend to happen when the manufacturer is ready, rather than to coincide with a big show.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 08:43:21 AM »

I realize NAMM is an important show for manufacturers and the sales channel to connect, but the internet seems to have stolen the thunder of product releases which tend to happen when the manufacturer is ready, rather than to coincide with a big show.

Not only that, but is there even anything of interest debuting?  If I was able to attend I’d want to check out the Chauvet booth - mostly to see if they’re showcasing the new Rogue R1X/R2X/R3 Spot fixtures, along with the Maverick MK2 Profile.  Elation has a few new products as well that might be worth checking out if available, particularly the Seven Pars, but I don’t think they’re really released yet...

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 10:48:38 AM »

FWIW:

Consolidating the NAMM show with the AES was not an expansion but cost saving reduction to help manufacturers and visitors who probably wouldn't attend two separate (relatively expensive) shows.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 11:52:56 AM »

The new hall dedicated to Pro Audio was a welcome change after decades of wandering through China and DJ-land trying to find all your favorites.
It was also much quieter (relatively) than the main part of the show.

Of course the majority of noise (and occasional feedback)was still coming from the DJ-audio type companies.

Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

James Paul

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 02:31:47 PM »

Ah yes, point taken about stolen thunder.

Apparently the show is a `bust' for MusicTribe, hence their absence.

Welcome change indeed with the new hall expansion, which IMO did help to alleviate congestion throughout the show, proof that the gathering was busting at the seams.

For myself, 30 plus years of visitor attendance, there is always more than plenty new to see and hear, granted along with a good dose of much the same, yet always grateful and hopeful for the efforts and expense paid by the exhibitors to attend and show, not to mention the variety of eye candy. Certainly a gathering not for everyone, but a significant one for sure. Back for more today.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 02:59:08 PM »

As I don't ever get to go, I always rely on you guys to bring us the latest and greatest from NAMM.... but this year it's been quiet.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 02:59:08 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.