ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creative Ideas  (Read 35204 times)

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
Re: Creative Ideas
« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2018, 06:36:30 PM »

That's common in the other industry I discussed as well.  I've been to a few manufacturing facilities of boilers, furnaces, water heaters, etc where there is usually a "quarantined" area of half dissected products from their competitors.  They try to keep those areas behind curtains along with their latest R&D so that no one can leak their plans or findings to their competitors. 
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2018, 06:40:24 PM »

I personally find the Danley specs a little lacking. See...

https://www.danleysoundlabs.com/danley/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/J5-4015.pdf

Or

https://www.danleysoundlabs.com/danley/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/J6-Specifications-2.pdf

No freq response at all.

On the other hand... i really like fulcrum Acoustics spec sheets. Very polished.

I like the Danley stuff and spec it a lot, but I could really use EASE data for their bigger stuff... and less excuses for why they don't provide it.

Good catch, and those boxes are way above my pay-grade and even beyond my "dreaming" research so I had never come across their lack of data. 

I still stand by my statement wording, because the other brands I own are of the point-and-shoot variety, not the multi-box complexities you deal with on a regular basis. 

I agree about Fulcrum as well (in regards to the level of detail); reminds me of EAW.  I wonder why.
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2018, 06:44:56 PM »

It's challenging to wade through all the reviews that are like "I just got this like 5 mins ago! It looks like it will work great! Shipping was fast! Five exclamation points!!!!!" to find the few meaningful consumer reviews by people who might actually know something about the product and how to get the full potential out of it.

Also challenging to find meaningful professional reviews by people actually testing or using the product, not just regurgitating the marketing material and spec sheets as a "news" article.

Totally agree here.  There's a big difference between an "unboxing review" on youtube (basically someone showing off how a product is packaged and how shiny it is to get some hits on their ads), and the kind of feedback that the participants of this forum can provide in posts, videos, and reviews. 

I agree that there aren't enough meaningful sources on the internet for this industry, but I'm happy to say that this forum is one of the better ones that I have come to rely on. 
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada

John Ferreira

« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2018, 07:47:59 PM »

... Manufacturers don't make profits by disappointing customers. In my judgement...

JR   

No, but most of us here agree that manufacturers mislead the customers for profit, with several meaningless performance figures.
John Ferreira

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #134 on: January 31, 2018, 10:47:16 PM »

No, but most of us here agree that manufacturers mislead the customers for profit, with several meaningless performance figures.
I sure can't speak for most of you. I can only speak for "my" decades of experience in this industry.

As I always say to Ivan... name names...

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Roland Clarke

« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2018, 05:39:15 AM »

I think that we all miss the “personality” side of companies.  All companies have it.  In spite of dissecting each other’s products they still tend to follow their own philosophy that fits their own narrative.  Danley are a particular good example of this.  Good company, that makes good and interesting products and they can show where their products shine in comparison with some of their competitors who follow other ideas.  If you read their take on it, their competition can’t be as good, but we all know that stuff like Martins MLA and offerings from D&B and many other top line brands do sound subjectively good.  Whilst all of them can explain why they think what they do is better, it’s wise to remember that in the scheme of things, to quote Ivan Beaver “it depends”.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2018, 05:39:15 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.