ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High Sierra with Roland Octa-Capture help  (Read 4843 times)

Kent Clasen

High Sierra with Roland Octa-Capture help
« on: March 21, 2018, 10:55:55 PM »

I am running SMAART v7 on a Mac. Recently upgraded to 2016 MBP with only USB C type connections and  10.13 High Sierra. Now I can't connect to the Roland Octapre. I have D/L'd the latest driver and Octa Capture. Octa Capture says it can't see the device. I have a USB C>A dongle and a Sinstar mini dock USB C to A. I have tried both.

Any ideas?

I have a rational login, but the forum seems to be separate, and I can't log in...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:30:40 PM by Kent Clasen »

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: High Sierra with Roland Octa-Capture help
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 12:33:45 AM »

I am running SMAART v7 on a Mac. Recently upgraded to 2016 MBP with only USB C type connections and  10.13 High Sierra. Now I can't connect to the Roland Octapre. I have D/L'd the latest driver and Octa Capture. Octa Capture says it can't see the device. I have a USB C>A dongle and a Sinstar mini dock USB C to A. I have tried both.

Any ideas?

I have a rational login, but the forum seems to be separate, and I can't log in...

Find a way to get onto the RA forum, they will be more help. I run High Sierra on a 2015 MBP and Smaart 7 works fine with my OctaCapture. I just used it last week.

Mac

Russell Ault

• Edmonton, AB
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 12:50:07 AM »

The forum is totally separate from my.rationalactoustics.com. You'll have to create a new user on the forum if you've never posted before.

-Russ

Kent Clasen

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 12:56:56 PM »

I read the USB driver instructions more closely and realized there is a new Octa-Capture .dat file that updates 1.5 to 1.51! I installed that into the unit (and you also have to allow the Roland s/w to open in the Mac Security Preferences) and it works like a champ.  8)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 12:56:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.