ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Not my strong suit -- need help assigning a static IP to LinkSys router for X32  (Read 10320 times)

Chris Sieggen

• Church and H.O.W. Forums

I like to pride myself on being able to figure stuff out, but this one's got me baffled and I am not an IP address WIFI expert. So...;-)

I recently purchased and set up a nice little X32 Rack rig for a small mobile church rig.

Everything is working rather nicely, but since the small LinkSys E900 wifi router is powered by the power strip and we turn off and unplug everything when we pack up, when we re-set up the next week and power up the rack, the LinkSys assigns a new IP address that I have to then go into the X32 rack, see what the new address is and then manually type it in on my iPad when trying to establish remote connection.

It sure would be nice to have the same IP address and every avenue I've tried on configuring the LinkSys, ends up with the same result...a different IP address on each power up.

What am I doing wrong? Argh, its frustrating and I'm now in the mode of my frustration is inhibiting my cognitive abilities to problem solve.

Jerome Malsack

http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/userguide/E_Series_UG_E900Rev_3425-01486_Web.pdf 

This is the manual to help.  So referencing this we should make sure you have changed the Router name and password to the device to limit the access.
page 24. 

Jerome Malsack

Then you need to be able to open the web browser and logon.  page 25 and 26  you may need this before changing setup on 24.

Jerome Malsack

Turn off the IPV6 segments.  your gear does not currently support IPV6. 

Jerome Malsack

Page 30 is DHCP reservation.  This is what you want for the mixer IP address.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services

Silly. It isn’t the linksys you need to mess with.
Just configure the static ip on the x32. Done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Chris Sieggen

Silly. It isn’t the linksys you need to mess with.
Just configure the static ip on the x32. Done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

So, how does one do that? I love this Behringer x32 rack, but I will say, user manuals and setting these simple things up is not their strong suit.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

So, how does one do that? I love this Behringer x32 rack, but I will say, user manuals and setting these simple things up is not their strong suit.

Just go from Setup/Network on the x32 and use the encoder know below the screen to change from DHCP to static.  Assign an IP address to the console that is out of the DHCP range in the router but still in the same network. 
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Chris Sieggen

Just go from Setup/Network on the x32 and use the encoder know below the screen to change from DHCP to static.  Assign an IP address to the console that is out of the DHCP range in the router but still in the same network.

I think I got it, but its one of those moments when "Its working now but not quite sure what I did." The x32 Rack now seems to be booting up and generating the same IP address each time and my iPad is locking right into it.

Awesome, just don't know how to repeat what I did. Oh, well...:-)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

I think I got it, but its one of those moments when "Its working now but not quite sure what I did." The x32 Rack now seems to be booting up and generating the same IP address each time and my iPad is locking right into it.

Awesome, just don't know how to repeat what I did. Oh, well...:-)

Did you change the settings as instructed?  If not what is happening is you only power cycled the x32, the lease had not expired in the router so it assigned the same IP.

If you power cycle everything it won't happen consistently.  Do it right set a static IP. 

A quick Google search turned up this tutorial

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/how-do-i-setup-x32-edit-with-my-behringer-x32/

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.