ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 10" Powered Stage Monitor Recommendations?  (Read 21241 times)

kel mcguire

Re: 10" Powered Stage Monitor Recommendations?
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 01:59:58 PM »

I do agree they seem to have a bit of a hyped low-mid, probably to make the box sound "bigger" than it is.

I bought some QSC k10.2 and so far, I really like them for monitors...more than the K12 legacy models. I used them last night as mains for a high end party with an AV presentation. The venue patron layout forced me to have the mains significantly non parallel so one was around 8' closer to the audience. I could just dial up 7ms delay on the forward most speaker, right on the k10.2. I ear'd it out and it worked. I can see that being handy.

for floor monitors, you have to tip the monitor to adjust, which is only slightly annoying compared to switches you learn to use like braille..

Scott Gaines

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 02:01:41 PM »

The Turbosound M10 is a good budget conscious choice.
Thanks Mike, but those don't appear to be on the same level as the other models .

Sent from my HTC_2Q4D100 using Tapatalk

Scott Gaines

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 02:18:01 PM »

I got to use a K10.2 a few weeks ago, and I thought it was awesome. Looked great, sounded great. Menu was easy to navigate.
I dig the look of the Turbosound IQ10, but if the performance is similar to the K10.2, I gotta go with the QSC. Pricing is too close to make $$ a factor, and I have experience with the K10.2.

So far the DXR10 is shaping up to be the most interesting competitor to the K10.2, due to the rave reviews and $100 price difference.

Scott Gaines

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 02:29:39 PM »

A couple of other options to consider:
DB Technologies FM10
Alto SXM112A

As with most small monitors, bass response is limited but they sound good in the rated frequency range. These are both coaxial which has advantages for monitor wedge use especially.
These are cool. Maybe I'll get a couple of these just for vocal support.

One reason why I'm pushing for the nicer models is because I don't use a bass amp onstage. So I want a wedge that'll deliver a strong enough bass signal, for me at least.

My guitar player has a couple of Behringer powered 12s that we currently use, but it's tough for a 6pc band to split just 2 wedges. So it's time to find some nice new ones.   

Thomas Le

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 02:43:16 PM »

duplicate... +1 for PRX710

Jay Marr

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 04:03:21 PM »

Thanks Mike, but those don't appear to be on the same level as the other models .

I'm not so sure I'd rule out the iQ.

I have not compared iQ10 to K10.2, but I did compare the iQ10 to the original K10, and I much preferred the iQ10.

David Winners

• Bryan, OH
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 09:52:18 PM »

I have not compared iQ10 to K10.2, but I did compare the iQ10 to the original K10, and I much preferred the iQ10.

I'm in the same boat. I haven't heard the K10.2, but the iQ10 is definitely better than the original K10 IMO.

I have 4 iQ10 and 3 iQ8 that I use for monitors and sometimes for mains. I really like them and I feel that they outperform their price by a fair margin.

If the iQ8 had a monitor angle, it would be perfect for small stages. I currently use them on small speaker stands for side fill and drum monitors. They work great for acoustic duo and vocals only pa as well.

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2018, 09:53:52 PM »

Ditto.  It wasn’t even close.  We laughed when listening to the k10 after the IQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron Maurer

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2018, 10:41:58 PM »

I have a pair of M10’s and they work great for monitors. Get tons of compliments and they get loud. They have all but the same specs as the iQ series (frequency and SPL). If you are looking for a straight up monitor I would not push it to the side without a listen if you can. Not sure where you get they don’t add up to the same level?  They may not have the fancy led screens, USB, ultranet, etc. but in a general sense they are the same level and if you look for some decent pricing you can almost buy two for the price of one of the others mentioned with all the bells and whistles that I don’t need in monitor world. My one complaint with the Turbosound is they scratch just looking at them. That said the iQ boxes are great as well. 

David Winners

• Bryan, OH
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 11:26:48 PM »

I have a pair of M10’s and they work great for monitors. Get tons of compliments and they get loud. They have all but the same specs as the iQ series (frequency and SPL). If you are looking for a straight up monitor I would not push it to the side without a listen if you can. Not sure where you get they don’t add up to the same level?  They may not have the fancy led screens, USB, ultranet, etc. but in a general sense they are the same level and if you look for some decent pricing you can almost buy two for the price of one of the others mentioned with all the bells and whistles that I don’t need in monitor world. My one complaint with the Turbosound is they scratch just looking at them. That said the iQ boxes are great as well.

I'll have to check out a pair. Thanks for sharing the 1st hand experience.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 11:26:48 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 24 queries.