ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF-HDL30a / RCF 9006-AS opinions/review/feedback  (Read 12030 times)

Geert Friedhof

Re: RCF-HDL30a / RCF 9006-AS opinions/review/feedback
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 02:03:07 PM »

You would need 3 8006's per side to have enough sub. FWIW i would buy the 9006's these days. Don't know if you can stack upon those...

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 12:24:08 AM »

Yann,

Why do you feel you need a 4-box hang of HDL30 rather than say an 8-box hang of HDL10a or HDL6a? You would get better pattern control from the longer array and you'd have enough $ left over to get a proper set of tower lifts, rather than trying to ground stack the 30s

Also, Geert is correct on the new subs. The 9004/9006 sub sounds better than anything that has come before.

. . .
I am currently awaiting a demo from my distributor. They suggest putting 4 HDL-30s over 2 8006 Subs (on each side so 8+4 in total).

. . .
Any advice would be great as I am weeks away from needing to buy something and want to know if RCF is worth the extra money over a simple passive array setup.

Thanks in advance!
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Nick Andrews

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2018, 10:37:45 AM »

Yann,

Why do you feel you need a 4-box hang of HDL30 rather than say an 8-box hang of HDL10a or HDL6a? You would get better pattern control from the longer array and you'd have enough $ left over to get a proper set of tower lifts, rather than trying to ground stack the 30s

Also, Geert is correct on the new subs. The 9004/9006 sub sounds better than anything that has come before.

+1 , I guess it depends on your application though. If high spl and headroom , hdl30 will obviously be the correct choice. But for more flexibility and pattern control HDL6a for sure. I am loving my HDL6a rig so far, I have 12 boxes , planning to add another 12. Very good sounding and very flexible swiss army knife tool to have in your kit. Front fills, outfills, pole mount , or fly, and LIGHT!!!  :)

Omar Ortiz

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2018, 11:53:08 AM »

Hi Omar

I see this post is a bit old but did you go for the HDL-30s in the end?

I am currently awaiting a demo from my distributor. They suggest putting 4 HDL-30s over 2 8006 Subs (on each side so 8+4 in total).

I have already downloaded and played with the control software and it is quite impressive, the speakers will automatically calculate the HF changes needed for the environment when you tell them the temp and humidity. This can be done minutes before the show for the most accurate setup. I'm guessing that means only RTA tuning once and then letting the RDNet control work out the changes from day to day.

About the subs though I'm tempted to go for the smaller SUB-8004 and put 3 each side in a cardioid arrangement. Has anyone any opinion on this? That would total 6x18" woofers (instead of 8 woofers by using 4x8006 Subs) but the ability to cardioid fire them would mean a more even sound and reduce cancelation compared to a simple stereo/mono setup.

Any advice would be great as I am weeks away from needing to buy something and want to know if RCF is worth the extra money over a simple passive array setup.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Yann,

Sorry for the delay in replying... we've been busy with the new RCF rig :D. We had our distributor do a demo in a field across from our warehouse. They setup 6 - HDL30a's on a Sumner Eventer with 2 - 8006 subs on the ground directly underneath for the demo. At the time, they were out of stock on the 9006's. Absolutely ripping system. We were really blown away of how great the rig sounded. They sent a VP from RCF down to show us RDnet and test drive the software. We wound up getting 12 HDL30's and 6-9006as subs. We live in a mid-size market, and that combo has done really well for us. Eventually, we will probably wind up with 16 boxes of HDL-30a total. The 9006's are amazing subs. We did a pretty large blues festival in our area back in April where we deployed the full rig, and actually had to turn 2 of the subs completely off... it was way too much. We've done a variety of latin / country acts coming through, and everyone has been very happy with the system. We are used to passive boxes, so connecting a powercon, xlr signal, and ethernet for the rdnet took a little to get used to. But the RDnet is worth it. So much control and makes tuning the system easy. Rigging is also easy on the HDL30s. We are currently doing a demo on 4 - HDL6's to add as front fills and to use for small rentals. The 6's are a great box too. And while they don't have RDnet yet, it's pretty impressive what a box that small can do, especially at only 25 lbs!

Miguel Dahl

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2018, 12:54:09 PM »

Hi Yann,

Sorry for the delay in replying... we've been busy with the new RCF rig :D. We had our distributor do a demo in a field across from our warehouse. They setup 6 - HDL30a's on a Sumner Eventer with 2 - 8006 subs on the ground directly underneath for the demo. At the time, they were out of stock on the 9006's. Absolutely ripping system. We were really blown away of how great the rig sounded. They sent a VP from RCF down to show us RDnet and test drive the software. We wound up getting 12 HDL30's and 6-9006as subs. We live in a mid-size market, and that combo has done really well for us. Eventually, we will probably wind up with 16 boxes of HDL-30a total. The 9006's are amazing subs. We did a pretty large blues festival in our area back in April where we deployed the full rig, and actually had to turn 2 of the subs completely off... it was way too much. We've done a variety of latin / country acts coming through, and everyone has been very happy with the system. We are used to passive boxes, so connecting a powercon, xlr signal, and ethernet for the rdnet took a little to get used to. But the RDnet is worth it. So much control and makes tuning the system easy. Rigging is also easy on the HDL30s. We are currently doing a demo on 4 - HDL6's to add as front fills and to use for small rentals. The 6's are a great box too. And while they don't have RDnet yet, it's pretty impressive what a box that small can do, especially at only 25 lbs!

I agree. A few weeks back two colleagues and I went down to RCF in italy to their main factory and demo-field. The 9006's are indeed great subs. Extremely musical subs which are "flat". They pack a massive punch while still recreate the notes a bass player plays very evenly even if there's lot's of other VLF information going through the coil. Very tight sounding.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2018, 12:54:09 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 25 queries.