ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Si expression waves routing  (Read 4503 times)

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
Re: Si expression waves routing
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 12:25:03 PM »

:) I understand what your saying.. However we are also wanting to achieve this with vocals. To set it up so that it keeps to a listenable hifi experience at even high volumes. If there is a better way to achieve this I'm willing to try.  Although I believe this type of processing is used in "plug and play" systems to keep the response of the pa as linear as possible. As you increase volume it reduces harsh frequencies to compensate.
Umm. Make a clean recording of the backing tracks ?
If there is unwanted "harshness" it should really be handled at the source, not in production.
Just my opinion, of course.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

jamie ashton

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 12:42:45 PM »

The way to do this is with subgroups. Create a vocal subgroup, a tracks subgroup, or anything else you need and insert the multiband comp on that group. Then route the groups to the main stereo bus or a matrix bus.

Mac
Yes this is what I'm trying to do. However on the si expression  I can't see how to setup an insert on a mix buss output. That is what I need help with.  There are no videos online to show this and the manual is even worse.
In the insert setup menu I can select all physical ins and outs and digital ins and outs to the card.. but can't see for example a mix buss out for send and returns. I can send my inputs to sub groups.. and I can send the sub group to the master outs.. but I need to send the mix busses to an insert before the master, for waves. The manual states inserts can be assigned to mix outs.. However with it only stating in the menu channel numbers.  I wouldn't know which channel number these would be under.
I understand a cleaner backing track would solve alot of issues.. However we often use other peoples tracks that are appearing on our shows.. and they would still suffer under high volumes..

Adam Cooke

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 10:37:11 PM »

Yes this is what I'm trying to do. However on the si expression  I can't see how to setup an insert on a mix buss output. That is what I need help with.  There are no videos online to show this and the manual is even worse.
In the insert setup menu I can select all physical ins and outs and digital ins and outs to the card.. but can't see for example a mix buss out for send and returns. I can send my inputs to sub groups.. and I can send the sub group to the master outs.. but I need to send the mix busses to an insert before the master, for waves. The manual states inserts can be assigned to mix outs.. However with it only stating in the menu channel numbers.  I wouldn't know which channel number these would be under.

On the SI consoles you assign the insert processing to channels in the insert menu, not in the insert setup sub-menu. The insert setup sub-menu is for assigning the xlr or card I/O for each insert. To assign each insert to an audio channel, you need to go to the insert menu (not insert setup), select the desired channel on the console with that channel fader's select button, and then use the dropdown next to the insert on the touchscreen to put that insert processing onto your selected channel. It's a little tricky to explain but it's actually very simple once you do it. You scroll through the inserts with the knob and then push the knob to open the dropdown, if I remember correctly.

I don't remember if I've ever put an insert on mixes - I normally use them on input channels, but it would work the same way, I'm sure.

I hope that helps!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 10:37:11 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.