ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightning to dual ¼” cable? Added hi-res audio question.  (Read 11500 times)

Don Gspann

Lightning to dual ¼” cable? Added hi-res audio question.
« on: January 13, 2018, 05:06:38 PM »

Does anybody make a cable that just goes from the lightning connector directly to dual ¼”  without needing the adapter? At least I won’t have to worry about losing the adapter. May just heat shrink some adapters onto the ends of several 3.5 to rca and ¼”. You would think somebody would make these as cheaply as the 3.5 to rca and ¼” are. Saw pictures of a lightning to dual rca on the googles, but can’t seem to find where to buy one!

The Apple lightning to lightning and 3.5 adapter claims 24/48 bit support.
Has anyone tried higher-res audio playback yet?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:19:15 AM by Don Gspann »

Stephen Kirby

Re: Lightning to dual ¼” cable?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 09:11:22 PM »

The Lighting connector is digital.  It's not an audio signal.  The "adapters" that Apple and others sell have tiny DACs and amps in them.  You could shrink sleeve a 3.5 to dual 1/4 to one of the adapters to keep it all together.  I re-purposed my 6 for fill in music when I got an 8.  But I should probably make up one of these adapters in case I need to use the 8 or someone want's to play one though my system.

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 09:47:21 PM »

Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Don Gspann

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 09:50:53 AM »

you could make it with these.

https://www.headsetbuddy.com/lightning-to-3-5mm-male-headphone-aux-adapter-cable-for-apple-iphone/

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/accessories/earphones/earphone-headphone-cables/rmce-ltg

I’ll probably make some up out the headsetbuddy type cables. You wouldn’t think it would be that hard to put a longer bit of capable and terminate it in dual connectors. I’m surprised there aren’t lightning to dual rca at least. Once the signal is back to analog, it’s just wire and connectors. We can’t be the only ones who would find it useful.

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 10:01:38 AM »

I’ll probably make some up out the headsetbuddy type cables. You wouldn’t think it would be that hard to put a longer bit of capable and terminate it in dual connectors. I’m surprised there aren’t lightning to dual rca at least. Once the signal is back to analog, it’s just wire and connectors. We can’t be the only ones who would find it useful.

this L to B-USB
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&O=&Q=&ap=y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIieGr_MzY2AIVF7bACh2S_A9hEAQYASABEgKeWfD_BwE&is=REG&m=Y&sku=1159260

and this - Hopefully the cable above puts out power
http://www.blackdogaudio.net/
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:30:16 PM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Don Gspann

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 10:12:33 AM »

this L to BUSB
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/belkin-6-usb-type-c-to-usb-type-b-cable-black/5912600.p?skuId=5912600&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=205&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=dd9cf0f4-4dee-40e3-b473-fb4c01c4dd27&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=pg200257&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

Trying to keep it to a simple single cable, no other connections in line solution.

On a slightly different subject, with the Apple lightning to lightning and 3.5 adapter, it says it will do 24/48k audio. Has anyone tried playing any hi-res audio files off of the phone yet. When my adapters come in, I may give it a try.

and this - Hopefully the cable above puts out power
http://www.blackdogaudio.net/

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: Lightning to dual ¼” cable? Added hi-res audio question.
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 10:35:24 AM »

Has anyone tried higher-res audio playback yet?

Lots of file manipulation needed for playing on iPhone.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-play-high-res-audio-on-iphone-3661105/
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 11:32:08 AM »

Trying to keep it to a simple single cable, no other connections in line solution.

Pete is telling you that may not be possible.  There is NO ANALOG AUDIO on the Lightning connector.  It might be easier to get one of those BluTeeth things and stream the audio from the iFruit thingy.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Don Gspann

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 01:04:32 PM »

Pete is telling you that may not be possible.  There is NO ANALOG AUDIO on the Lightning connector.  It might be easier to get one of those BluTeeth things and stream the audio from the iFruit thingy.

Tim, no offense, but I get that. But there is analog audio at the end of the 3.5, right after the lightning connector which is where the DAC resides.
Therefore, there is no reason a lightning to dual analog audio cable cannot be made, as indicated by the lightning to 3.5 male cable. Read carefully, don’t assume we’re all that uninformed  before going ALL CAPS on me.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 01:09:48 PM by Don Gspann »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 01:57:20 PM »

Read carefully, don’t assume we’re all that uninformed  before going ALL CAPS on me.  ;)

Just you wait, I'll go all Italics!

Why did Apple have to make this difficult?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 01:57:20 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.