ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 space mixer w/DSP  (Read 3893 times)

Jim McKeveny

1 space mixer w/DSP
« on: January 10, 2018, 08:30:42 AM »

We successfully use a Studiomaster C3X in a flexible/small "Go Rack", packaged with a couple RF mics. W need more of this product or similar. Current unit was purchased through one of the big online retailers, but is not offered by them anymore. Studiomaster distribution in USA is currently sketchy shall we say?

It seems to be unique for for this market segment: It has DSP onboard. Are there any other manufacturers offering a similar feature-set (4 XLR mic pre + 4 line + DSP) in 1 or 2 spaces?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:35:04 AM by Jim McKeveny »

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: 1 space mixer w/DSP
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 08:44:58 AM »

We successfully use a Studiomaster C3X in a flexible/small "Go Rack", packaged with a couple RF mics. W need more of this product or similar. Current unit was purchased through one of the big online retailers, but is not offered by them anymore. Studiomaster distribution in USA is currently sketchy shall we say?

It seems to be unique for for this market segment: It has DSP onboard. Are there any other manufacturers offering a similar feature-set (4 XLR mic pre + 4 line + DSP) in 1 or 2 spaces?
You might want to look into some of the audio interfaces that can also operate standalone such as the MOTU gear.  I believe some Focusrite products can also do this.

Or if you can spare 3U, the X32 rack.

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 10:04:11 AM »

There are lots of single rack space mixers but none I can think of that also include digital audio effects. Are the digital effects something you use or did they just kind of come along with the rest of the mixer package?

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 11:00:59 AM »

Are there any other manufacturers offering a similar feature-set (4 XLR mic pre + 4 line + DSP) in 1 or 2 spaces?

The Behringer XR12 / Midas MR12 sounds like it meets your spec perfectly if you're ok with remote-control only.

Edit: There's also the PreSonus StudioLive 16R which is 1U.

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 11:40:23 AM »

There's also the PreSonus StudioLive 16R which is 1U.

That's my "Learned something new on the LAB" item for the day.

-1 rackspace
-16 real mic inputs
-recallable pre-amps
-16x16 USB recording interface
-can be used as a snake head
-Mac and PC desktop software in addition to iPad

I've always liked my simple 16.0.2 presonus mixer and this looks like a decent upgrade to that.
-especially when I'm also shopping for a decent studio interface.

-Now is anyone on here using one yet?
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 09:16:54 AM »

Or if you can spare 3U, the X32 rack.

Lets bring a Howitzer to a knife-fight! This app is for tech-clueless musicians to self-set with a single k10/12 at cocktail hour. Solo/Duo/Trio. IMO they do not "need" reverb, but these peeps operate with a different brain hemisphere. Besides the potential rat-hole-for-newbie UI, the form factor is a non-starter.

That said, I've been advised that availability for this (decidedly niche)unit will improve after NAMM.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:28:33 AM by Jim McKeveny »

Andrew Henderson

• Lab Lounge
    • http://www.getlostinsound.com
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 11:48:05 AM »

Now is anyone on here using one yet?
Yep, I’ve been on one a few times. Whatcha wanna know?

David Winners

• Bryan, OH
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 03:01:58 PM »

Lets bring a Howitzer to a knife-fight! This app is for tech-clueless musicians to self-set with a single k10/12 at cocktail hour. Solo/Duo/Trio. IMO they do not "need" reverb, but these peeps operate with a different brain hemisphere. Besides the potential rat-hole-for-newbie UI, the form factor is a non-starter.

That said, I've been advised that availability for this (decidedly niche)unit will improve after NAMM.

For something like this, I would use a small format analog board with address and a Bluetooth in for break music.

I have a Peavey PV10BT mixer that I send out for open mic and duo stuff. Sounds decent. Anyone can run it. 4 XLR ins, compression on a couple channels, built in effects.

It's not rack mount though. It would be simpler for "tech-clueless musicians to self-set with a single k10/12 at cocktail hour," than anything digital run with a tablet IMO.

Casey McDonald

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 12:58:48 PM »

I'm also interested in the OP question.  Can you shed light on what you've heard?  I searched NAMM threads, topics, releases didnt really see anything but I can't say it was exhaustive.  I did find one thing (below)...

I often use a Yamaha MG82CX.  And there is nothing wrong with it BUT i've had it forever and want to try something digital - digital mixing, digital I/O.  Needs to work stand alone.  I also want to try making everything digital up to the loudspeaker DSP input (AES now maybe dante in future).  Also something that has phantom power for getting into some measurements (therefore needs USB i/o or dante too).  My channel count is "about" the same as OP 1-3 mics, 1-2 stereo playbacks

Bose T4S - I'm trying to find a problem with this.  Totally digital, has knobs for everything, has USB I/O, is pretty small, works stand alone.  How to make this digital out - I should be able to assign master L/R to USB out back to computer. Then Dante Via to turn USB in to Dante out of the ethernet port and onto DSP/amp of choice (in my case Id still need a Dante to AES converter) 

Thoughts?

Casey

Jay Marr

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 06:51:28 PM »

You never really stated...does the user need to have physical controls?  Or can this be 100% digital (ipad/droid/PC controlled)?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 06:51:28 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.