ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Repainting ETC S4's  (Read 2264 times)

Frank Czar

• Website
Repainting ETC S4's
« on: January 10, 2018, 06:19:39 AM »

Hey Guys,

I have 16 ETC S4's that are showing their age, some of the paint has started to flake off with a white corrosion on the S4.  I would like to paint them. I have before with a combination of sandpaper, wire brush/wheel done this before with other lekos but was looking for any other less labor intensive alternatives. Has anyone used any type of sand/media blast or a chemical strip?

Thanks in advance
Frank Czar
Concert Works
Daytona Beach FL. & US Virgin Islands
www.concertworksvi.com

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Repainting ETC S4's
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 07:03:14 AM »

Hey Guys,

I have 16 ETC S4's that are showing their age, some of the paint has started to flake off with a white corrosion on the S4.  I would like to paint them. I have before with a combination of sandpaper, wire brush/wheel done this before with other lekos but was looking for any other less labor intensive alternatives. Has anyone used any type of sand/media blast or a chemical strip?

Thanks in advance
Aluminum is not easy to paint - it actually oxidizes very quickly after sanding (minutes) which affects paint adherence.  You will want an “etching primer” to cut through that before painting.  Both primer and paint need to be rated to at least 400 degrees.

I don’t have any insight into chemical methods of stripping.  Sand blasting can work, but it will significantly pit the soft aluminum, so unless no one will ever see the fixtures from closer than 20’ and you’re willing to forego any resale value, I’d stick to sanding.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Repainting ETC S4's
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 07:03:14 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.