ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shopping for front lighting...Chauvet SlimPar Q12 vs. ADJ 12P Hex  (Read 14300 times)

Allen Smith

Re: Shopping for front lighting...Chauvet SlimPar Q12 vs. ADJ 12P Hex
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2018, 02:21:01 PM »

Those look very good for 3W led's! Do you control them via the wifi foot pedal?

I have used the wifi pedal that come with them before but it is extremely basic.  I was using a Chauvet Obey40 DFI controller until recently.  I added more lights and ran out of channels so I have moved to luminair on my iPad and an Enttec ODE.  I use a FCB1010 foot controller to control luminair via midi.

Steve Garris

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2018, 03:27:34 PM »

I have used the wifi pedal that come with them before but it is extremely basic.  I was using a Chauvet Obey40 DFI controller until recently.  I added more lights and ran out of channels so I have moved to luminair on my iPad and an Enttec ODE.  I use a FCB1010 foot controller to control luminair via midi.

You should write up a tutorial, or better make some Youtube videos on how to do all of that! I see people asking how to do that all of the time. I have the Luminaire setup as well, but haven't gotten around to programming it. I have zero knowledge of how to make the pedal work via midi.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2018, 05:01:12 PM »

You should write up a tutorial, or better make some Youtube videos on how to do all of that! I see people asking how to do that all of the time. I have the Luminaire setup as well, but haven't gotten around to programming it. I have zero knowledge of how to make the pedal work via midi.

I think everyone gets caught up with MIDI on xxx.  MIDI is MIDI.  It's very easy to work with.  Musicians (gasp) have been doing it for years.

Read a quick tutorial on MIDI then the terms in your software will make sense.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Allen Smith

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2018, 02:45:33 AM »

I think everyone gets caught up with MIDI on xxx.  MIDI is MIDI.  It's very easy to work with.  Musicians (gasp) have been doing it for years.

Read a quick tutorial on MIDI then the terms in your software will make sense.

I agree with you that MIDI as a concept is not rocket science although as someone who only learned it in the last year it is more complicated than you may remember.  However, the real challenge in my MIDI implementation is the terrible manuals that are currently in vogue.  Both my sending device and my receiving device have terrible manuals.  The FCB1010 would have remained a mystery had it not been for a couple forums like this one.  The Luminair manual is more of a marketing device than manual.  If I had to guess, 50% of the features are mentioned and 10% are actually explained.  It took me days of programming and reprogramming to get a positive outcome.  It is an amazing application and had it not been for my stubbornness I may have given up.

Allen Smith

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2018, 02:48:05 AM »

I have thought about recommending a sticky thread on this website for Luminair.  It is an incredibly full featured application but the manual and Youtube videos dont begin to educate the end user.

Feel free to PM me any questions you may have or ask them on the forum and I would be happy to answer any questions I can.  I would consider it a contribution back to the community that has given me so much.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2018, 11:51:50 AM »

I have thought about recommending a sticky thread on this website for Luminair.  It is an incredibly full featured application but the manual and Youtube videos dont begin to educate the end user.

I'd rather see two sticky threads here - a DMX 101 thread since the question of how DMX works (fixture addressing, patching, etc.) comes up often enough, along with a Software vs Hardware thread.  It's basically the "subs on auxes" debate of the lighting world so to speak.  The abundance of options would make it a little tricky to keep up to date, but I'd think almost all of us would agree that the same 4 or 5 options come up here often enough to warrant a once-and-done explanation. 

Steve Garris

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2018, 03:51:49 PM »

Feel free to PM me any questions you may have or ask them on the forum and I would be happy to answer any questions I can.  I would consider it a contribution back to the community that has given me so much.

Very generous Allen. You'll probably here from me at some point! I just mailed my Magic 260 to a repair shop, and if I get bad news I'll need to get started programming my show on Luminaire.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2018, 06:12:39 PM »

Very generous Allen. You'll probably here from me at some point! I just mailed my Magic 260 to a repair shop, and if I get bad news I'll need to get started programming my show on Luminaire.

I snagged a Showdesigner 2CF off eBay as a backup to my trusted MagicQ.  The show I was assigned to canceled tonight so I am going to unpack and move programming.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Joel T. Glaser

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2018, 08:57:12 PM »

Great. This is my "do all" light bar that I include for free with every PA rental. The lights are color fade and sound active. I throw this up behind the drummer. It fits in the case perfectly, even though the T-Bar was slightly longer than the soft case inside dimension.

Thanks Steve!!

Joel T. Glaser

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2018, 09:05:47 PM »

I use four of the eight lights on the front trees for spots.  I have had pretty good luck with the plain RGB lights at least for club situations.  It just takes some time finding the right blend.  I really like the ease of use from my 4Bar TRI Chauvet bars.  They come with a case and are wifi enabled, both make setup and transport easy.  The photos show 4 4BAR TRI and some Chauvet movers.

Nice pictures Allen. Thanks for sharing. I'm always looking for ideas.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2018, 09:05:47 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 22 queries.