ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: LED's for room lighting  (Read 18058 times)

John L Nobile

Re: LED's for room lighting
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2018, 01:55:01 PM »

This is the eBay link. They let us have them for $54 each. Please note that the picture is not the light you will receive per my previous post.

One more thing about these is they fixed the sound active programming. On the cheaper RBGW models, the light would flash on them off at every beat, so it looked more like a strobe. These new lights stay on between beats, so you could effectively use them without a controller.

https://goo.gl/xgrhwx

There seems to be a common case with these lights. I see them come in 7, 9, 12 and now 15 watt bulbs. Case looks the same in all of them. Seems to be a good design for setting on the floor. Which is perfect for my use.

I found an Amazon Prime dealer that sells the 7 x 10w version for 65 bucks CDN. I'm assuming that includes shipping so that's cheaper than dirt. I'm gonna get the OK to order one to test and if it works, get another 15 or so.

John L Nobile

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2018, 02:39:42 PM »

I came across this fixture in my searches and thought it might be a good lo cost can for stage lighting. 18 x 15 w LEDs.

https://www.amazon.com/Tengchang-18X15W-Amber-DMX512-Lighting/dp/B06XWMFKHL/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1516822428&sr=8-11&keywords=18x15W+RGBWA

There's a whack of different ones out there.

Mike Karseboom

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2018, 05:57:20 PM »

I came across this fixture in my searches and thought it might be a good lo cost can for stage lighting. 18 x 15 w LEDs.

https://www.amazon.com/Tengchang-18X15W-Amber-DMX512-Lighting/dp/B06XWMFKHL/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1516822428&sr=8-11&keywords=18x15W+RGBWA

I have some similar to that in 18x10W.  They are really bright and OK quality with a metal case.  No problems after 3 years occasional use.  It is not obvious but they have a fan and it is as noisy as the other cheap ones being discussed only a bit louder in my experience.
--Mike
"If you're not confused, you don't know what is going on"

Live Sound for the Mt. Shasta area
http://www.shastalivesound.com

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2018, 10:45:54 AM »

I have similar 18x12w 6-in-1 RGBAW+UV, I have PN for fans that are SUBSTANTIALLY quieter (same CFM) if you want to do the mod. ~$6-10 per fan + Some soldering time.

IMO too big for up lighting, good for rear wash though.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

John L Nobile

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2018, 11:07:25 AM »

I have similar 18x12w 6-in-1 RGBAW+UV, I have PN for fans that are SUBSTANTIALLY quieter (same CFM) if you want to do the mod. ~$6-10 per fan + Some soldering time.

IMO too big for up lighting, good for rear wash though.

I was thinking of these cans for replacing some of my par cans above the stage. If I do get any money to upgrade , it won't be much. Really gotta stretch the dollar around here these days.

Steve Garris

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2018, 01:15:53 PM »

Those are huge and heavy. I've seen them out in the field. Even with a few burnt out led's they are incredibly bright. I would use them on an install.

Steve Garris

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2018, 01:22:02 PM »

There seems to be a common case with these lights. I see them come in 7, 9, 12 and now 15 watt bulbs. Case looks the same in all of them. Seems to be a good design for setting on the floor. Which is perfect for my use.

I found an Amazon Prime dealer that sells the 7 x 10w version for 65 bucks CDN. I'm assuming that includes shipping so that's cheaper than dirt. I'm gonna get the OK to order one to test and if it works, get another 15 or so.

I'm not sure I believe the watt numbers on the ad's. I'm going to compare the 10w to the 15w light next week. The newer 15 watt leds are much larger than my 10w models.

They also sell a light in this casing that has a bunch of fixed color led's. It sells for about $18 on ebay, with a fixed power cord and no power out option. I don't recommend this light as it is dim and doesn't respond well to dmx.

The RBGW units with 10w leds can be had for as little as $34 each on ebay:
https://goo.gl/NC9Ca9

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2018, 01:45:29 PM »

Holy smokes John! Big fancy resort and you have to buy $45 lights?
What is the world coming to? ;D
I don't care enough to be apathetic

John L Nobile

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2018, 02:41:25 PM »

Holy smokes John! Big fancy resort and you have to buy $45 lights?
What is the world coming to? ;D

:)

The glory days are gone since they canceled the show. I was lucky to get a large budget a few years before that. Now we're buying kids playground stuff.. bouncy castles and treehouses. And cheap w/less mics. I won't let them use my Shure system for kids karaoke.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2018, 02:45:46 PM »

:)

The glory days are gone since they canceled the show. I was lucky to get a large budget a few years before that. Now we're buying kids playground stuff.. bouncy castles and treehouses. And cheap w/less mics. I won't let them use my Shure system for kids karaoke.
BTW...how did those cheap RF mics work out?
I need to get up your way for a visit.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2018, 02:45:46 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.