Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

Some more spectrum repack docs...

<< < (2/2)

Aram Piligian:
Hey Pete, thanks for the kind words.  Working from your spectrum planner document got the ball rolling for this, so thanks for the inspiration! 

Don Boomer:
Phase 6 ends tomorrow Oct 18. So for those in the Chicago area looks like 14 stations will make the switchover tomorrow. I expect I’ll be getting lots of phone calls asking why the system that has worked for us for years now doesn’t work ;)

Anyway, if you would like to see this in action it looks like we have 4 public WaveTower scanners operating in and around Chicago. If you would like to see live before and after scans you can go here and sign up for a free account.

https://www.rfvenue.com/wavetower

Scott Helmke:

--- Quote from: Don Boomer on October 17, 2019, 02:13:37 PM ---Phase 6 ends tomorrow Oct 18. So for those in the Chicago area looks like 14 stations will make the switchover tomorrow. I expect I’ll be getting lots of phone calls asking why the system that has worked for us for years now doesn’t work ;)

--- End quote ---

As it turned out the FCC had tweaked the phase schedule a bit, and all of the phase 8 stations moved as well.  Surprise!  We only found out about that a couple days in advance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version