ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL Eon 612- mic/line switch question  (Read 1745 times)

Wayne Smith2

JBL Eon 612- mic/line switch question
« on: January 01, 2018, 02:00:55 pm »

We had to set up a pub's system last night. These speakers seem to be straight forward, but the question I have is re the mic/line buttons. I presume they are supposed to pop in or out for the selection -as per indicated on the panel. I just wanted to confirm as were having trouble with one of the speakers, and the button seemed to only remain recessed.
(The manual referes to it as 'depressed or 'disingaged. Seems to fit what I'd expect.
Thanks
Wayne
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 02:03:40 pm by Wayne Smith2 »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: JBL Eon 612- mic/line switch question
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 02:15:46 pm »

We had to set up a pub's system last night. These speakers seem to be straight forward, but the question I have is re the mic/line buttons. I presume they are supposed to pop in or out for the selection -as per indicated on the panel. I just wanted to confirm as were having trouble with one of the speakers, and the button seemed to only remain recessed.
(The manual referes to it as 'depressed or 'disingaged. Seems to fit what I'd expect.
Thanks
Wayne

Someone smacked the switch too hard.  It's broken, it should pop out when gentle pressure is applied.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Wayne Smith2

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 02:34:23 pm »

Someone smacked the switch too hard.  It's broken, it should pop out when gentle pressure is applied.
Thank you Sir!
Another case of the unfortunate sort lifespan of 'pub's rigs.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 02:49:55 pm »

Thank you Sir!
Another case of the unfortunate sort lifespan of 'pub's rigs.

I can't imagine WHY that switch would be changed unless the system is portable and used for different purposes besides bands in a pub.  These types of damages come from careless people and/or rough handling.

Also, this is why I think the vast majority of MI-type powered speakers should not be used in situations where people have access to the controls - while I understand that almost all users of these types of speakers want or need these features, they're not needed in a properly designed and executed installation and present opportunities for innocent or malicious mis-adjustment or damage (as you've found).
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 02:49:55 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 22 queries.