ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: My beloved DSR112 not well  (Read 68671 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: My beloved DSR112 not well
« Reply #230 on: March 30, 2018, 08:44:43 PM »

I used to have pair of DXR15's (probably why i brain farted) and they were nice speakers - just didn't use them enough as I always seem to use subs so I sold them on - but they sounded great...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #231 on: March 30, 2018, 09:07:29 PM »

$400 for an HPR112 in working condition is a good deal.

+1.  All my QSC HPR boxes are nearly 10 years old but in 10/10 functional and 7/10 or better cosmetic condition.  I wouldn't think of letting them go for any less than that.  They've never skipped a beat and are one of the best business investments I've made thus far. 

On topic, glad to hear you are finally getting a replacement speaker Debbie!

Al Poulin

« Reply #232 on: March 30, 2018, 10:10:54 PM »

I recently worked with an act that used DXR15 as monitors for the bass player.  As loud as his SVT was already I'm not sure why, but he "needs them."  He found the power alley and mostly stayed there.  There was no bass in the PA mix (except for a bit of subwoofer feed) in a 700 capacity room.  The DXR15 impressed me.

I've been using my DXR15s for over 5 years now - mostly DJ applications (weddings etc.) but some live sound as well. They sound great out of the box and they get seriously loud (considering their price)- it take quite a bit of signal before getting the limit light to blink. I've only seem them blink a few times so far to be honest. Great for smaller gigs where you don't want (or need to) bring subs. Finish on the DXR cabs is very fragile however, so covers are a must IMO. Mixer section is super flexible too.

Al

Al
Weaseling out of things is important to learn.  Its what separates us from the animals...except the weasel. - Homer Simpson

Gary Greyhosky

• Carlisle, PA
    • Alliance Audio & Event Technology LLC
« Reply #233 on: March 31, 2018, 09:46:33 AM »

+1.  All my QSC HPR boxes are nearly 10 years old but in 10/10 functional and 7/10 or better cosmetic condition.  I wouldn't think of letting them go for any less than that.  They've never skipped a beat and are one of the best business investments I've made thus far. 

On topic, glad to hear you are finally getting a replacement speaker Debbie!

I built my business in the beginning on HPR122s & 181s. My 10 HPR122s have been bullet proof. They're about to get a new coat of paint and new diaphragms after 10 years of use. I had one of the 181s with a blown speaker (rental) and that's it. Best ROI in my inventory, without question. I've followed this thread with interest as I've read such glowing reviews on the DSR stuff. Debbie's saga is truly a shame and would certainly cause me reservations about buying the DSRs. I get that a local service center can wreak havoc in a situation like this, but the poor response from the manufacturer does not sit well at all. I hope Debbie's issues are finally resolved.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:58:33 AM by Gary Greyhosky »
Gary Greyhosky
Managing Partner
Alliance Audio & Event Technology LLC

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #234 on: March 31, 2018, 11:17:20 AM »

I am surprised that not one single person from Yamaha has  addressed this thread - either on the forum itself or with a message  to me. Doesn't anyone at Yamaha care about the damage to their reputation at all? I have seen other company representives (namely Uli Behringer himself) jump in on forum threads to try to quell the bleeding but in 233 posts not one single comment. This surprises me.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #235 on: March 31, 2018, 12:07:34 PM »

I am surprised that not one single person from Yamaha has  addressed this thread - either on the forum itself or with a message  to me. Doesn't anyone at Yamaha care about the damage to their reputation at all? I have seen other company representives (namely Uli Behringer himself) jump in on forum threads to try to quell the bleeding but in 233 posts not one single comment. This surprises me.

I am not surprised. Many companies have a policy to not participate in these sort of forums. I believe Yamaha Commercial is one of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #236 on: March 31, 2018, 01:31:44 PM »

I am not surprised. Many companies have a policy to not participate in these sort of forums. I believe Yamaha Commercial is one of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, but this forum doesn't suck.  What's the opposite of suck? ::)
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Kevin Bayersdorfer

« Reply #237 on: April 01, 2018, 01:13:30 AM »

Get this, service center called this morning and said my speaker was ready. What the hell? I told him they are sending me a new one, and ill bring you the box when I get it to send the old one back lol

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #238 on: April 01, 2018, 09:07:01 AM »

Get this, service center called this morning and said my speaker was ready. What the hell? I told him they are sending me a new one, and ill bring you the box when I get it to send the old one back lol
Mmmm... someone forgot to tell the service center that you were getting a replacement.

John Fruits

« Reply #239 on: April 01, 2018, 10:27:56 AM »

I think it's time, seems to me the main issue here is this:
https://youtu.be/452XjnaHr1A
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #239 on: April 01, 2018, 10:27:56 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.