ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: My beloved DSR112 not well  (Read 68666 times)

Kevin Bayersdorfer

Re: My beloved DSR112 not well
« Reply #210 on: March 30, 2018, 01:07:26 PM »

Kevin- did he tell you he was sending the new one right away???
He just asked for confirmation of the serial number and my shipping address so he could send me the new one. He said he would dispatch the old one since it is still at the service center. We will see, Service center still has my home made cover that ill have to get back from him.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #211 on: March 30, 2018, 01:30:22 PM »

This thread has almost 15k views.  That's not insignificant considering the hits would probably all be from qualified potential customers.  30k speakers is 2.4M in sales.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #212 on: March 30, 2018, 01:36:56 PM »

He just asked for confirmation of the serial number and my shipping address so he could send me the new one. He said he would dispatch the old one since it is still at the service center. We will see, Service center still has my home made cover that ill have to get back from him.

He did confirm my address too. If in fact he has already shipped (or arranged for shipping of) the replacement, he ought to get me that label for the return ASAP because I am not going to chase him any longer once I get mine. They can do the work now - I'm tired of it...

Kevin - I hope you get back your cover.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Kevin Bayersdorfer

« Reply #213 on: March 30, 2018, 02:05:26 PM »

He did confirm my address too. If in fact he has already shipped (or arranged for shipping of) the replacement, he ought to get me that label for the return ASAP because I am not going to chase him any longer once I get mine. They can do the work now - I'm tired of it...

Kevin - I hope you get back your cover.
Maybe they send it in the box with the new one?

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #214 on: March 30, 2018, 02:15:33 PM »

Maybe they send it in the box with the new one?

Hadn't though of that. ...maybe..
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #215 on: March 30, 2018, 02:50:25 PM »

This thread has almost 15k views.  That's not insignificant considering the hits would probably all be from qualified potential customers.  30k speakers is 2.4M in sales.

I've watched this thread from the start to see how Yamaha responds.  I love the sound of my QSC HPR112i speakers, but they're rather heavy at 60 lbs.  The DSR appears to be a good replacement box, though I wish they had side handles.  I'm holding off until I see how this plays out.

Pat Semeraro

« Reply #216 on: March 30, 2018, 03:13:21 PM »

I've watched this thread from the start to see how Yamaha responds.  I love the sound of my QSC HPR112i speakers, but they're rather heavy at 60 lbs.  The DSR appears to be a good replacement box, though I wish they had side handles.  I'm holding off until I see how this plays out.

Tom,
Consider that QSC tests durability by throwing things off the roof of their 3d story building then tests to see if it still meets factory spec.  If not, its redesigned until it does.   Opinions about QSC sound quality differ but their reliability is often rated as the very best in the industry. I'm not shilling for them but they do stand apart in how they design and build gear.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #217 on: March 30, 2018, 03:42:47 PM »

Tom,
Consider that QSC tests durability by throwing things off the roof of their 3d story building then tests to see if it still meets factory spec.  If not, its redesigned until it does.   Opinions about QSC sound quality differ but their reliability is often rated as the very best in the industry. I'm not shilling for them but they do stand apart in how they design and build gear.

I schill for them all the time.  We have done really well with our QSC gear and have gone from one pair of subs and tops to the largest QSC inventory in Cleveland.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #218 on: March 30, 2018, 04:32:20 PM »

In the late 90’s I bought my first yamaha amp, It was a p4500.

During its first gig one channel started to self-oscillate and it took out every driver for that channel. The amp was repaired under warranty but I had to pay for the repair of the speakers myself. Initially they told me that they were going to help me with my speakers but they turned the back on me referring me to the small print where damages to other gear wasn’t going to be reimbursed.

I was not a happy yamaha customer...

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #219 on: March 30, 2018, 05:00:04 PM »

In the late 90’s I bought my first yamaha amp, It was a p4500.

During its first gig one channel started to self-oscillate and it took out every driver for that channel. The amp was repaired under warranty but I had to pay for the repair of the speakers myself. Initially they told me that they were going to help me with my speakers but they turned the back on me referring me to the small print where damages to other gear wasn’t going to be reimbursed.

I was not a happy yamaha customer...

This "small print" is in there for almost every audio product.  I do wonder, now that amplifiers and passive speakers are being sold together as "systems", if they will still try to pull that nonsense.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #219 on: March 30, 2018, 05:00:04 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.