ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: My beloved DSR112 not well  (Read 68663 times)

Mike Monte

• My website
Re: My beloved DSR112 not well
« Reply #200 on: March 30, 2018, 07:32:31 AM »

I hear ya Debbie, I Just finished my Email and mentioned that it was on your recommendation that I purchased these speakers, and should be afforded the same service as you, I also linked this thread. Hope you don't mind? lol I am just so fed up, I told them I will never trust the repaired speaker again.

FWIW: My 2018 plan is to switch over to active monitors....  I do own two QSC K8's (original series) that I use for wedding ceremony officiants' lav mic'ing.  I did have a problem with one of them a few years ago...I let my son use it for a function at his Fraternity in Boston... I brought it to ATR Treehouse in Providence, RI (a QSC repair site)and it was repaired under warranty plus I had it back in a week.  The cab has been bullet-proof since.

For my switch-over to actives I need 4 matching units.  I was going Yamaha but your fiasco with Yamaha service has nixed that idea. 
Hey, stuff breaks, I-get-it, but shoddy service and associated runaround.... is a deal breaker to me.

I guess that I'll go the QSC route.  At least I know that they stand behind their products. 

Kevin Bayersdorfer

« Reply #201 on: March 30, 2018, 12:14:46 PM »

Just heard back from Robert, He is sending me a new speaker also!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #202 on: March 30, 2018, 12:18:53 PM »

FWIW: My 2018 plan is to switch over to active monitors....  I do own two QSC K8's (original series) that I use for wedding ceremony officiants' lav mic'ing.  I did have a problem with one of them a few years ago...I let my son use it for a function at his Fraternity in Boston... I brought it to ATR Treehouse in Providence, RI (a QSC repair site)and it was repaired under warranty plus I had it back in a week.  The cab has been bullet-proof since.

For my switch-over to actives I need 4 matching units.  I was going Yamaha but your fiasco with Yamaha service has nixed that idea. 
Hey, stuff breaks, I-get-it, but shoddy service and associated runaround.... is a deal breaker to me.

I guess that I'll go the QSC route.  At least I know that they stand behind their products.

If only Yamaha had stepped in and done the right thing early on.... just shows how much damage can be done by these things being drawn out. This is a shame because IMHO the DSR's are FAR superior in sound to the K series speakers. However, QSC do a good job in aftercare.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Scott Bolt

« Reply #203 on: March 30, 2018, 12:19:13 PM »

I am glad to hear that Yamaha is stepping up and correcting this service problem.

Debbie, I am with you.  Even after they agreed to replace my woofer, I waited to celebrate until I had the speaker in my own hands, and had tested it myself.  I am glad they are sending you a new speaker.  One would think that would be the end of this story line for you :)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #204 on: March 30, 2018, 12:20:02 PM »

Just heard back from Robert, He is sending me a new speaker also!

Good to hear Kevin!.... However, I am still waiting for the pre paid label that he said he would email me - so don't hold your breath!!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #205 on: March 30, 2018, 12:25:21 PM »

I am glad to hear that Yamaha is stepping up and correcting this service problem.

Debbie, I am with you.  Even after they agreed to replace my woofer, I waited to celebrate until I had the speaker in my own hands, and had tested it myself.  I am glad they are sending you a new speaker.  One would think that would be the end of this story line for you :)

One would think so but I'm going wait and check back once I get the new one so I can put this to bed!.. Like I said to Kevin... now the wait to get the pre paid label.
I think the plan is to get mine back before they ship the new one. I say that because of the way he was talking and the fact he asked me if I had the original shipping box for mine- which I do. Surely this wouldn't matter becasue I could use the one they send the new one to me in.
I just assumed he needed mine back first but he didn't make it clear and I was happy to hear the words, " I will send you a new speaker" so I didn't ask or clarify.

Kevin- did he tell you he was sending the new one right away???

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #206 on: March 30, 2018, 12:36:14 PM »

I just assumed he needed mine back first but he didn't make it clear and I was happy to hear the words, " I will send you a new speaker" so I didn't ask or clarify.

Shouldn't be required.  Most reputable companies will cross ship replacements.  That said, it IS reasonable for them to ask for a cc deposit to assure the defective unit is returned.

It seems that Retailers are more sensitive to Customer Service than are Manufacturers.  They recognize the potential loss in revenue one (rightfully) disgruntled Customer can represent.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #207 on: March 30, 2018, 12:46:12 PM »

Shouldn't be required.  Most reputable companies will cross ship replacements.  That said, it IS reasonable for them to ask for a cc deposit to assure the defective unit is returned.

It seems that Retailers are more sensitive to Customer Service than are Manufacturers.  They recognize the potential loss in revenue one (rightfully) disgruntled Customer can represent.

Dave

Oh then maybe the new one has shipped or is shipping. I can't send mine back till I have the shipping label but it is all boxed up and ready to go.

Scott Bolt

« Reply #208 on: March 30, 2018, 12:48:46 PM »

If only Yamaha had stepped in and done the right thing early on.... just shows how much damage can be done by these things being drawn out. This is a shame because IMHO the DSR's are FAR superior in sound to the K series speakers. However, QSC do a good job in aftercare.
To my ears, the DSR's are superior to everything in their price range, and equal to speakers costing more .... and in some cases much more.  They also have crazy amounts of output.

When testing my new woofer at the store, I brought the level up until it started clipping.  The techs in the store were amazed.  All of our clothing was shaking with each impact at that point.  The DSR's really put out the sound.

The company that I work for also must rely on representatives in other companies for our support of products.  It is frustrating when your reps don't do a good job for you because your company reputation takes the hit.  I suspect that Yamaha has similar trials.

Still, in my case, the lack of understanding of their own warranty period was kind of annoying.  That wasn't the rep, that was Yamaha.  They should provide training to their level 1 support team to ensure they have a reliable source of information regarding the warranty coverage of each product so this kind of thing doesn't happen.  It is seriously embarrassing when a customer like myself has to send an e-mail link to a Yamaha web site document to clarify the warranty coverage of a Yamaha product.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #209 on: March 30, 2018, 01:03:38 PM »

I was just thinking.... I wonder how long it will be if ever, that I stop taking a back up speaker with me to shows - now I am paranoid- thank you Yamaha!!.
Never felt the need to in all these past years that I have been using powered speakers till the Yamaha DSR saga, but now I'm thinking is it perhaps a good habit to get into?
When I was passive I always had the flexibility to bridge an amp or do something else creative with what I had ( Yes- Bob I know) but makes you think....

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #209 on: March 30, 2018, 01:03:38 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.