ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: My beloved DSR112 not well  (Read 68666 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: My beloved DSR112 not well
« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2018, 05:18:09 PM »

Still not heard back. I just sent a message through the Yamaha website with a link to this thread advising them that the slow erosion to Yamaha's reputation is something they might want to stop ASAP.

Bill??....... it might be time. I think I have been more than patient as next monday makes 12 weeks since it was 'repaired'  and 13 weeks since the speaker last worked. I would appreciate any help I can get at this point

An hour later Robert from Yamaha called me. He is sending me a shipping label to get the defective speaker sent to them and he is sending me a brand new one.......I am a bit emotional right now.....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2018, 06:42:06 PM »

An hour later Robert from Yamaha called me. He is sending me a shipping label to get the defective speaker sent to them and he is sending me a brand new one.......I am a bit emotional right now.....
Well damn Debbie!  You certainly deserve it. Finally!!!
..db

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2018, 06:58:36 PM »

Now now, I'm sure they'll give your old friend a proper send off before the recycling bin...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2018, 07:04:03 PM »

Now now, I'm sure they'll give your old friend a proper send off before the recycling bin...

I'd like to think so Tim ....... I'd like to think so....   :'(
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Rick Powell

« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2018, 07:12:23 PM »

I'd like to think so Tim ....... I'd like to think so....   :'(

A sigh of relief from more than a few LAB Loungers, I'm sure. If for nothing else, this forum is valuable in functioning as a support group for when things go wrong, as well as a resource of "who to go to" more than a few times. I was directed to Bennett Prescott when I had a cracked magnet on a B&C driver and he was very helpful and got me a new warranty replacement from Parts Express.

And I'm sure Yamaha saw the name "Bill" in this thread when you alerted them to it, and figured they'd better cut their losses quick!

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2018, 07:27:28 PM »

An hour later Robert from Yamaha called me. He is sending me a shipping label to get the defective speaker sent to them and he is sending me a brand new one.......

Preaching to the choir here, but, it REALLY shouldn't take this much time and effort to get satisfactory service from a reputable manufacturer.

Glad you're on the path to a resolution, Debbie!

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2018, 09:33:08 PM »

Regarding targeted marketing... This is one f#4kup.
It will take some effort to make up for the bad rap, and rightly so.

Not important and a liitle of topic: I had a Rev500 with a faulty rotary encoder. Yamaha would't tell me what kind of encoder, but quoted me 120 euroos for a (5? euro) replacement. Oh well, we all have to make a living i guess..

Kevin Bayersdorfer

« Reply #197 on: March 30, 2018, 12:25:09 AM »

Robert is also the one who emailed me saying the service center has my part and it would be ready to go..That was 10 days ago. I am emailing him back right now and pointing out this thread. I am happy for you Debbie, now lets hope they do the same for me, because mine has been out of service a lot longer than yours has been.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2018, 12:36:06 AM »

Robert is also the one who emailed me saying the service center has my part and it would be ready to go..That was 10 days ago. I am emailing him back right now and pointing out this thread. I am happy for you Debbie, now lets hope they do the same for me, because mine has been out of service a lot longer than yours has been.

I'm sorry Kevin. That is a long time to be having problems. I can't believe yours hasn't been in yet for repair. I hope Robert or someone at Yamaha gets you sorted out very soon.  I'm still not holding my breath over mine until the new speaker is in my possession and is 100% working order.....

Kevin Bayersdorfer

« Reply #199 on: March 30, 2018, 12:49:17 AM »

I'm sorry Kevin. That is a long time to be having problems. I can't believe yours hasn't been in yet for repair. I hope Robert or someone at Yamaha gets you sorted out very soon.  I'm still not holding my breath over mine until the new speaker is in my possession and is 100% working order.....
I hear ya Debbie, I Just finished my Email and mentioned that it was on your recommendation that I purchased these speakers, and should be afforded the same service as you, I also linked this thread. Hope you don't mind? lol I am just so fed up, I told them I will never trust the repaired speaker again.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #199 on: March 30, 2018, 12:49:17 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.