ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: My beloved DSR112 not well  (Read 68666 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: My beloved DSR112 not well
« Reply #160 on: March 21, 2018, 06:57:29 PM »

Picked up my DSR112 yesterday from the repair shop. They replaced the circuit board. It’s powered up at this point with no noise. Will be taking the speaker out next week and will follow up if I have an issue.

Good to hear...hope the show went well and that the speaker is back to normal.

My update:
I dropped off my speaker last monday to get it's replacement amp module installed. I called yesterday as I hadn't heard anything and the tech told me it had been waiting for me all week and that he had left a message. I wasn't aware - must have missed the message somehow - but anyway we picked it up today.
I haven't tried it out yet but of course the problem I had before didn't seem to occur till I was using it at a show anyway - so I'll try it this weekend coming. I will bring a spare with me just in case but fingers crossed we are all fixed and this unnecessarily longwinded repair episode is over.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Scott Bolt

« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2018, 08:55:18 AM »

Good to hear...hope the show went well and that the speaker is back to normal.

My update:
I dropped off my speaker last monday to get it's replacement amp module installed. I called yesterday as I hadn't heard anything and the tech told me it had been waiting for me all week and that he had left a message. I wasn't aware - must have missed the message somehow - but anyway we picked it up today.
I haven't tried it out yet but of course the problem I had before didn't seem to occur till I was using it at a show anyway - so I'll try it this weekend coming. I will bring a spare with me just in case but fingers crossed we are all fixed and this unnecessarily longwinded repair episode is over.
The arduous task of getting the fix done was what really irritated me as well.  Hope everything works out for you Debbie.  I have been waiting to see if things were fixed for you or not.  Good luck this weekend.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2018, 10:28:28 PM »

I am at a show - the same speaker went out in the first song - I AM DONE!!!!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2018, 12:38:45 AM »

That is not promising at all......
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #164 on: March 25, 2018, 01:52:55 AM »

That is really disconcerting.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #165 on: March 25, 2018, 07:43:39 AM »

I am at a show - the same speaker went out in the first song - I AM DONE!!!!

I haven't went through the whole post but I'm starting to wonder about a bad driver. A intermittent short in a driver could be giving the built in amp a hard time.  I'd be asking for a entire new speaker replacement.

Douglas R. Allen

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #166 on: March 25, 2018, 08:59:31 AM »

Yes - this time I will be insisting on a whole new box. I cannot go through this any longer.
Last night - as per usual it seems of late - I took a spare with me - thank goodness, my PRX712. It was left in the van because we really didn't think we'd need it - so when the speaker went out, I had to go outside in the rain and get the PRX. It put me in a bad mood all night!

Aaron Maurer

« Reply #167 on: March 25, 2018, 09:22:34 AM »

Really sorry to hear your dilemma continues Debbie.  I ran my recently repaired DSR112 speaker all night with zero issues.

Scott Bolt

« Reply #168 on: March 25, 2018, 03:48:01 PM »

Yes - this time I will be insisting on a whole new box. I cannot go through this any longer.
Last night - as per usual it seems of late - I took a spare with me - thank goodness, my PRX712. It was left in the van because we really didn't think we'd need it - so when the speaker went out, I had to go outside in the rain and get the PRX. It put me in a bad mood all night!
So sorry to hear Debbie.

I would definitely request a replacement at this point in time.

My repaired speaker is running fine now clear up to limit.

Kevin Bayersdorfer

« Reply #169 on: March 25, 2018, 04:20:27 PM »

That stinks Debbie. I escalated mine through Email, took Yamaha 2 weeks to get back to me. They say they talked to my service tech and the new module is there and he should be getting it back to me soon. That was a week ago. So like you my original replacement failed on the first outing. So I am thinking there is something causing the modules to fail. Shorted speaker? Bad power supply? I don't know. I'll tell ya one thing if this second module fails I will be looking into some SRX tops

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #169 on: March 25, 2018, 04:20:27 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.