ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: My beloved DSR112 not well  (Read 68666 times)

Bradford "BJ" James

Re: My beloved DSR112 not well
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 12:07:41 PM »

OMG, Bob for sure isn't buying any now.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2017, 12:21:14 PM »

I did open it up to take a look. Everything looks OK to me ( with my limited knowledge). I reseated what I could see but it made no difference. They cut those wires pretty short - very little room to do anything in there.
After all the hassles I had a couple of years ago with my SRX series - subs, and tops (at a lot more money don't forget) - I won't complain too much as these DSR's have already served me very well indeed.
The love affair isn't over yet - we just have to overcome a bit of a hurdle in the relationship!

JBL does get the extra point this time though for bailing me out last night .....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Philip Rasmus

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2017, 12:37:04 AM »

I did open it up to take a look. Everything looks OK to me ( with my limited knowledge). I reseated what I could see but it made no difference. They cut those wires pretty short - very little room to do anything in there.
After all the hassles I had a couple of years ago with my SRX series - subs, and tops (at a lot more money don't forget) - I won't complain too much as these DSR's have already served me very well indeed.
The love affair isn't over yet - we just have to overcome a bit of a hurdle in the relationship!

JBL does get the extra point this time though for bailing me out last night .....
Did you put an ohm meter across the woofer while you had it open?

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2017, 09:14:13 AM »

My question as well..

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 12:08:22 PM »

BUT, with 1 terminal disconnected.

If you leave the woofer hooked up, the meter will "see" the output of the amp-as well as the speaker. So you MUST separate them.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 01:15:53 PM »

Maybe it's like an old carbureted Porsche - once and a while you have to put your foot in it and open 'em up to blow out the carbon!

I know, not helpful.  ;) ::)

frank

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2018, 05:24:53 PM »

Nope - I really don't know enough about the insides of powered speakers so I'm just goinig to leave it to the professional.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Chris Grimshaw

• Sheffield, UK
    • Grimshaw Audio
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 11:38:15 AM »

Nope - I really don't know enough about the insides of powered speakers so I'm just goinig to leave it to the professional.

Better late than never, but a faulty woofer will often show open or short-circuit when metered.
You can also push gently on the centre of the cone (or just around the dustcap, keeping pressure even) to see if there are any scrapes. It should move smoothly.

Chris
Sheffield-based sound engineering.
www.grimshawaudio.com

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2018, 05:49:11 PM »

I just got a call from the shop.
He told me he checked the woofer first and it was fine ( which I figured). Then he pushed all the switches in and out and moved the mic/line switch back and forth and all of a sudden on it came. He sprayed with some de-oxidizer and we are all good.
So, I'm really happy it wasn't something major but I wish I had moved the switches -I'd have found the problem right away. Never even thought of it. The mic/line switch has been in the same position since I purchased the speakers but it just goes to show that sometimes it is a good idea to move them back and forth....happy ending.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 05:52:41 PM by Debbie Dunkley »

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2018, 05:56:31 PM »

I'll have to add that to the PM checklist.  Thanks Debbie, good to know.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2018, 05:56:31 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.