ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Down

Author Topic: My beloved DSR112 not well  (Read 68666 times)

Douglas R. Allen

Re: My beloved DSR112 not well
« Reply #280 on: April 15, 2018, 07:26:34 AM »

As far as the rebate. Does anyone know for sure if its $50 per DSR112 or $100 PER speaker?  I've seen both in the normal "big box" stores.

Thanks.

Douglas R. Allen

David Allred

« Reply #281 on: April 15, 2018, 08:50:08 AM »

As far as the rebate. Does anyone know for sure if its $50 per DSR112 or $100 PER speaker?  I've seen both in the normal "big box" stores.

Thanks.

Douglas R. Allen
The DSR112 is $100, as are most other speakers.   The smaller (10's and 8's) are $50 or $75. 

Bill Hornibrook

« Reply #282 on: April 15, 2018, 01:35:30 PM »

If you are considering DSR112s, I'd keep my powder dry for now. These discounts may well get steeper once the new line is readily available.

Anyone remember PRX718XLFs for $749? SRX712s for $825?

I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a new pair of 712s on closeout...

Anyway, assuming Yamaha doesn't raise the price of the DZR too much over the DSR, I think it would make sense to roll with the new line if the old line discount stays only in the $100 range.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:03:43 PM by Bill Hornibrook »

Scott Bolt

« Reply #283 on: April 15, 2018, 10:14:34 PM »

I already have more than enough top to keep up with 2 times the amount of sub I have using the DSR112 over the PRX618XLF, so I am doubtful that I would make the move to the new DZR12.  The new DXS XLF 18" is around 108lbs making it hard for me to part with my 81lb subs as well (that 30 lbs is really pronounced at 3AM after a long night of gigging).

For those looking to buy a new system soon though, this combination may be quite the thing.  I have been looking at the cardioid sub configuration.  Setting up a cluster of 3 subs in a center cluster with 2 DZR12's on poles might make a pretty compelling system.

Kevin Bayersdorfer

« Reply #284 on: May 05, 2018, 07:31:57 PM »

Well 3 gigs under my belt with the new speaker, so far so good. Gig your new one yet Debbie?

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #285 on: May 06, 2018, 10:54:11 AM »

Well 3 gigs under my belt with the new speaker, so far so good. Gig your new one yet Debbie?

Good to hear Kevin....not used mine yet - haven't needed the DSR's what with in house systems and needing the SRX system for the most recent shows.
Today will be the day though......we just packed the van and still felt the need to pack a PRX712 as a spare - sad isn't it?... or maybe sensible and the new norm going forward.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #286 on: May 06, 2018, 05:23:58 PM »

Used my DXR10s yesterday.

One per side of a projection screen with a pair of KW181s centered below the screen. Had a lectern centered 2’ in front of the screen with an AT gooseneck mic.

Aux fed subs. Only playback in the subs.

Nice clear audio. Lots of compliments.
Much better pattern than the K12s they replaced. It was easier to get the lectern volume up without feedback.
Lighter by a bit too though awkward to lift off of the stand without a side handle.

Happy camper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #287 on: May 06, 2018, 09:48:20 PM »

Used my DXR10s yesterday.

One per side of a projection screen with a pair of KW181s centered below the screen. Had a lectern centered 2’ in front of the screen with an AT gooseneck mic.

Aux fed subs. Only playback in the subs.

Nice clear audio. Lots of compliments.
Much better pattern than the K12s they replaced. It was easier to get the lectern volume up without feedback.
Lighter by a bit too though awkward to lift off of the stand without a side handle.

Happy camper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Good news Rob- I knew you'd prefer the DXRs to the K series- so much  better IMHO.

Used my new DSR today...... oh yes ... oh yes.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #288 on: May 07, 2018, 11:56:48 AM »

Good news Rob- I knew you'd prefer the DXRs to the K series- so much  better IMHO.

Used my new DSR today...... oh yes ... oh yes.

Let's keep it clean, Debbie. >:( ;)
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #288 on: May 07, 2018, 11:56:48 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.