ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Best" Earphones  (Read 3095 times)

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
"Best" Earphones
« on: December 26, 2017, 11:58:45 PM »

Not 100% sure if this is a LAB vs Lounge question but will try the LAB first.

My church is planning to purchase an IEM system soon. Will be a mix of Studio Technologies Dante headphone amps and Lecto Duet systems fed from FOH CL5. I'd love to buy a Shure "reverse ULX-D" IEM (dante in, etc) but of course they don't have that (yet?). Some band member have decent earphones but most will be on church owned earphones with generic foam tips that get chanced several times a week between the difference services/bands. Music is light CCM, 3-5 vocals, piano led, with percussion but not a drum kit (cajon/djembe).

My main questions is what actual earphones to use? I've currently got Shure SE425's penciled in and that's certainly and acceptable price point. I'm happy to consider other similar or lower cost options. Having bulk packs of of extra tips is a requirement (ex Shure EABKF1-100*). What others earphones should we consider?

Thanks

Philip

Scott Helmke

Re: "Best" Earphones
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 09:07:09 AM »

SE425's are a nice upgrade as far as generic earbuds go. The bulk of our (rental house) customers seem happy enough with the SE215's for musicians that don't have their own, though some opt for the SE425 upgrade.

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 09:08:20 AM »

A surprisingly good, ultra cheap option are the Panasonic RP-HJE120-x (where 'x' is the color indicator; K is black).  Less than $10 a pair so completely disposable, several sets of replaceable tips in different sizes come with them, and actually sound pretty good for the price.

My 'daily drivers' are JH Audio JH16s, and I keep a pair of the Panasonics in my bag as emergency/spares.  Generics like this will never have the isolation of the custom fit units, but in a pinch they work perfectly well for me.

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 09:30:26 PM »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 09:30:26 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.