ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPad to console connectivity via repeater  (Read 5165 times)

Timothy Bolish

• FOH/Monitor Enigneer
iPad to console connectivity via repeater
« on: November 16, 2017, 01:41:00 AM »

Hey all,

Did some searching in the forums but couldn't find a definitive answer. I'm an complete amateur when it comes to networking so please bear with me.

Currently onsite at a gig where I'm connecting to my QL1 with a N600 router.  Lots of different zones in different rooms, so I tried to extend the range of my router by using a little portable TPLink travel router.

I set it up (TPLink router) as a repeater, entering the SSID, MAC address, and security info for the N600...couldn't get it to work with stage mix. For that matter, I wasn't even sure if I was connecting the to TPLink at all...is this possible and is there an easy way to monitor if I'm connecting to the network via the TPLink repeater or if I'm connecting via the N600?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
Re: iPad to console connectivity via repeater
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 01:55:25 AM »

Hey all,

Did some searching in the forums but couldn't find a definitive answer. I'm an complete amateur when it comes to networking so please bear with me.

Currently onsite at a gig where I'm connecting to my QL1 with a N600 router.  Lots of different zones in different rooms, so I tried to extend the range of my router by using a little portable TPLink travel router.

I set it up (TPLink router) as a repeater, entering the SSID, MAC address, and security info for the N600...couldn't get it to work with stage mix. For that matter, I wasn't even sure if I was connecting the to TPLink at all...is this possible and is there an easy way to monitor if I'm connecting to the network via the TPLink repeater or if I'm connecting via the N600?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping the N600's ip address or try to connect to the Web GUI from the ipad.

This would usually be in the 196.0.x.x range or the 10.0.x.x range.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 12:02:27 PM »

Repeaters should be banned. They create more problems than they solve. If you can only create a wireless link get a few Ubiquiti Unifi Mesh accesspoints.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 12:02:27 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.