ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: Over-under cable question.  (Read 18391 times)

Kevin Maxwell

Re: Over-under cable question.
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2017, 11:30:40 am »

FWIW during the summer (in July) I pick a sunny hot day (usually around 90 degrees) and take my cables "for a walk" (uncoil them and lay the out "straight" in my back yard...all of my xlr's and speaker cables) to "relax" them.

It takes a bit of time but giving my cables a chance to chill helps to keep them in line.

That works even better and quicker if you can do that on a hot surface like black top.

W. Mark Hellinger

« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2017, 12:43:59 pm »

Having used the U/O method for so long now, I even tie my shoelaces that way !!
:)  Speaking of which:  It seems many, possibly most tie their shoelaces in granny-knot bows rather than square-knot bows.  I don't know if there's a correct method, but the square-knot bow seems better (to me).

One down-side to being conditioned to U/O coiling as a habit is the "grinding of the teeth" caused by watching other folks' other techniques... especially elbow wrapping... even if it's their cables.  Oh-yea... and the style of half the cable (length) repeatedly till the wad is short enough to tie in a half-hitch makes the hair stand-up on the back of my neck to watch.

FWIW:  I figure-8 my garden hoses... works really well for me.

Steve Garris

« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2017, 02:18:49 pm »

Oh-yea... and the style of half the cable (length) repeatedly till the wad is short enough to tie in a half-hitch makes the hair stand-up on the back of my neck to watch.

Why? I've done this for 30 years, with 20' or less cables. No ties required, no knots, faster than over-under (which I do when required). You only have to learn how to untie them without knotting, which is very easy.

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2017, 04:59:26 pm »

I coil my signal cables, and halve the power cables.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2017, 04:59:26 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 20 queries.