ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SC48 + Waves  (Read 1754 times)

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
SC48 + Waves
« on: December 23, 2017, 08:32:52 AM »

Question from a AVID luddite

Can you run Waves plugins native on a SC48?

I've seen it done om larger AVID desks and I'm under the impression that you should be able to do it on a SC48, but not on the S3L.

I do it on my Digico using an external server.

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
SC48 + Waves
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 09:19:32 AM »

Helge,
The SC-48 runs TDM compatible plugins internally with no server. There are two DSP slots, that are not expandable so you may be a little limited, however you get the most bang for you DSP usage if you go all waves. Double check venue  capable plugins on the waves site, as anything released in the last 3-4 years will not run without external hardware. This is true for the profile and d-show too though. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
Re: SC48 + Waves
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 10:43:12 AM »

Ok. Is there any options for multichannel digital I/O on the SC48?

I have a Digigrid MGO available so I could run Multirack on my laptop and use the server externally, but I need to get signals out/into the console.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 04:02:16 PM »

Ok. Is there any options for multichannel digital I/O on the SC48?

I have a Digigrid MGO available so I could run Multirack on my laptop and use the server externally, but I need to get signals out/into the console.

The quick answer is "not really".  The only way to get digital in and out is either the limited AES-3 i/o or the Firewire interface built into the SC-48, which has it's own routing limitations...

Check the Waves website for supported hosts/platforms from the plugins you use.  If you're not using stuff released in the last couple of years there's a decent chance of a TDM version existing.  The TDM plugs come in 1 big package for installation on the mixer (it's about 60 or so plugs, IIRC).

As David S points out, there are only 2 Mix Engine (DSP) cards in the SC-48 and no room to add more.  Convolution type reverbs and harmonic generators tend to use the most DSP assets, dynamics and EQ tend to go lightly on resources.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 04:02:16 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 23 queries.