Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MiPro  (Read 3339 times)

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
MiPro
« on: November 30, 2017, 02:27:25 AM »

Last thread was from 2010, wondering how their product stands up these days.

I see they have changed a lot in 7 years, now have quad receivers with Dante outputs. Anyone got a set? What's your take on this stuff now?
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
Re: MiPro
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 10:07:27 AM »

I have the Mi Pro 909 IEM's

I like them fairly well. Better sound quality than sennheiser's G3 EW100 series. Probably on par with Shure's 900 or 1000 series.

The dual diversity receiver doesn't help much IMO. I've had a spot on a stage where it still fails even with both antenna.

Build quality is good to great.

----

The mics...not sure about.

I saw their booth at InfoComm, lots of stuff.

I care about sound quality (of the mic capsule) and the RF gear to not have dropouts. Can't really comment on either of those for the wireless mics.

---

If the mics were good, I wouldn't mind them for announcement mics or something less important since the 600 band is going to kill my uber cheap GTD-Audio's G-622 :P
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

John Chiara

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 11:30:22 AM »

I see they have changed a lot in 7 years, now have quad receivers with Dante outputs. Anyone got a set? What's your take on this stuff now?
They are NOT offering any 600mhz upgrade deals.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 01:01:05 PM »

Anyone know whether Shure capsules can be put on the handhelds?
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Andrien (No Last Name)

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 07:45:43 AM »

Anyone know whether Shure capsules can be put on the handhelds?
Sorry to reply an old thread. We have Mipro wireless and Shure headset from other brand generally doesn't work or sound weird (we tried Countryman E6 and it doesn't turn on, also tried the Samsons and the quality is unusable). There is a Beyerdynamic converter kit that convert TG mic to Opus T4am which may allow their latest headset to plug into Mipro beltpack.

On handhelds Shure capsules are not compatible with Mipro handheld afaik, but cmiiw (we don't purchase their handheld tho), if I am not mistaken JTS handhelds on the older model can accept some of Shure capsules.

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 08:41:56 AM »

I set up a system of 8 Act-8 wireless mic/headsets, the digital UHF version with rechargeable battery. Notable observation:

* Solid reliability - true diversity reception
* Magnesium construction transmitter - rugged yet light weight, got a nice surface feel, good handling noise isolation
* Sound is nice and warm with the default condenser capsule, not hyped or thin, but has some proximity effect, reminds me of Sennheiser 865. Being digital, it has no companding, so it's just a matter of capsule characteristics.
* Channel tuning methodology is different, but not difficult. The adjustment wheel that also acts as "enter" button occasionally causes me to rotate as I press down, resulting in wrong entry. Perhaps make the wheel detent tighter to turn would help.
* The charging dock (still complementary for now) is really convenient for a church setting. However, it is possible to put the handheld into the dock backwards, resulting in no-charging. So users will need to dock correctly.
* Maybe the biggest differentiator amongst li-ion powered mics with rechargeable interfaces: it uses standard size lithium ion battery, additional li-ion batteries can be purchased without paying for a proprietary form factor.
* Correct, capsule is not interchangeable with Shure interface. The internal construction is quite interesting, with the capsule interface plate which also acts as the battery's top cap cover. So changing the li-ion battery requires capsule removal.

The version of Act-8 wireless with alkaline battery is not available in U.S. If and when it gets brought in, I would recommend it for touring application.
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 08:41:56 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.