ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What ratio of sub to top are people using with JBL SRX  (Read 7030 times)

Kirk Olson

Re: What ratio of sub to top are people using with JBL SRX
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2021, 03:21:00 PM »

I ran 4 -835's over 4 828's (two each per side) for about 4 years.  This proved a pretty good ratio for most of my gigs (bar bands, street fairs, beer garden concerts....).  When I got the chance, I would spread the subs across the front of stage and put the tops on scaffolding, but this wasn't the norm.  In this configuration, bass response was predictably better and more uniform, with more "punch". 
A couple years ago, I acquired two additional 828's, so now normally stack 2 835's over 3 828's per side.  I did this mainly to get the tops higher in the outdoor gigs, which proved a very good thing for "throw" and top end clarity for the bigger crowds. 
One 835 over a 818...you can get just as good of results running the 835 full range.  I did have a smaller setup of SRX812's over 818's, so have experience with the single 18's also.  For smaller gigs, one 835 over one 828 per side is plenty adequate, but the tops will outrun the bottoms if you let them (depending on your content). 
I would say at least a one to one ratio for the 835 and 828 combo as a minimum.  The single 18's (SRX818SP) have their place (drum monitor-DJ) but are definitely the weak link in the SRX800 series, in my humble opinion.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: What ratio of sub to top are people using with JBL SRX
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2021, 03:21:00 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 3.193 seconds with 19 queries.