ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Activated Relay and AC Voltage  (Read 8237 times)

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
Re: Audio Activated Relay and AC Voltage
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 01:52:18 AM »

I don't know what your exact application is, but if this is for an emergency service where lives or property could be placed in serious jeopardy in the event of a failure of your alarm circuit, then you really should be going with a purpose-made commercial solution. An "I wanna see if I can figure it out" solution isn't the right solution.

That's just my two cents.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Alex Davis

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 08:40:37 AM »

I don't know what your exact application is, but if this is for an emergency service where lives or property could be placed in serious jeopardy in the event of a failure of your alarm circuit, then you really should be going with a purpose-made commercial solution. An "I wanna see if I can figure it out" solution isn't the right solution.

That's just my two cents.

Hi Jonathan- Agreed! I am redoing my garage and going with a firehouse theme, and this will go in the garage. It's a neat gimick my wife will hate. We have a commercial station alerting system at our fire houses- big bucks. We also carry voice and digital pagers, so this is simply to have a little project to work on and add to the theme.

AD

Alex Davis

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 09:46:13 AM »

Hi All- One final question on this project that I thought the experts here could help with.

I have two speakers that an audio amplifier will play the dispatch audio through that are about 15 feet each from the amp. I have 16 gauge speaker wire for this task.

I also have three(two +, one -) 14 gauge low voltage wires for powering the bell& light that i want to run through the same openings in my walls, which means they will be in close proximity (especially at the opening where they are likely to be as close as touching) to each other over a span of several feet.

Any concerns with audio quality? low voltage wire to have 12V DC. Everything is insulated of course.

If it helps, it's a radio voice transmission, so I don't need crystal clear audio, I'm just trying to avoid wiring everything up and ending up with a huzz/hum due to some kind of interference.

Thanks!
Alex

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 10:58:05 AM »

No issue I would think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Alex Davis

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 11:22:56 AM »

No issue I would think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, Rob!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 11:22:56 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.