ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocean Matrix HDMI distribution  (Read 2416 times)

Stephen Swaffer

Ocean Matrix HDMI distribution
« on: November 17, 2017, 01:11:13 PM »

I am looking for a reasonable quality way to distribute HDMI through our building.  This is not "mission critical" rather more for montoring and keeping actors and stage people in the loop during a show.  Distance of runs will be 100-300'-probably around 8-10 locations.  I have one vendor suggesting a Kramer system-but cost is a bit steep for the application.  Is the Ocean Matric stuff usable-something else?

Currently we are using composite over coax-been doing it this way for a long time, just time to get updated.
Steve Swaffer

Caley Monahon-Ward

Re: Ocean Matrix HDMI distribution
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 03:04:28 PM »

How about using the existing coax for SDI? I wouldn’t expect it’s good for 1080p/60 but you may have no trouble pushing 720p/30 over those distances. Especially if this is a situation where you’re feeding a single input (program or multiview) to multiple destinations, a single H->S converter, SDI DA, and a cheap S->H converter per TV would do the trick and be a big upgrade from composite. Obviously you’d want to test all the lines thoroughly with a pair of converters before committing to the idea. The expense for the gear could come in under $2000 in the best case, and if it saves you the cost of new infrastructure it’s a big win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Ocean Matrix HDMI distribution
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 03:04:28 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.