ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaker stack from last weekend  (Read 6685 times)

Geert Friedhof

Re: Speaker stack from last weekend
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 05:50:02 AM »

Yep.  I've been in that situation many times, having to explain why I'm quoting XXX for only 4 speakers when this other guy is quoting half the price for 12 speakers!  I already have my canned "Not all speakers are created equally" and "Sometimes less is more" speech ready to go for clients like that...  And for what it's worth I generally quote for the service, not on a per-speaker rate, but some clients like to see a system spec'd out on quote (which of course opens the door for non-apples to apples comparisons between vendors).

Well,

I've been on the organizer side many times, and sometimes (new) bidders don't specify what they will bring for a certain (fairly low) amount. They will i.e. quote something like "nexo array with subs", which tells me nothing. I want to know what and how many they bring, so i can check if the service requirements are met. I agree with you that after a while one should be able to trust the production company. Ofcourse there are many other deciding factors.

Usually the quotes you get over here is quite well specified, with coverage and stage plots etc.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Speaker stack from last weekend
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 05:50:02 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.