ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nuendo Live Rec Tracks Not Lined Up  (Read 7130 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Nuendo Live Rec Tracks Not Lined Up
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2017, 11:58:28 AM »

I never had an issue like this with Digico or Yamaha combined with UB madi, or DVS or Soundgrid. I always use Protools or Waves Tracks Live.

I would suspect Nuendo.

And this brings me to my most common question - what does the manufacturer (publisher) say?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2017, 01:48:15 PM »

2 options:

1. Try a different DAW
2. Try a different PC

The third option would be significantly more expensive so let's just stick to those two.

Some questions though, are you recording to an SSD or an internal hard drive?

Pro Tools recommends no more than 32 tracks to a HDD so if your not recording to an SSD that would be another place to start looking for an issue, if this is a 5400RPM laptop hard drive I think 32 tracks would be pushing it as well, usually Pro Tools would simple throw a DAE error should the HDD be falling behind, not sure how Nuendo would deal with that situation.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Chris Trupe

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2017, 08:44:54 PM »

And this brings me to my most common question - what does the manufacturer (publisher) say?

Ahh yes, trying to get ahold of someone at Yamaha to get support on Nuendo, hasnt been the easiest....

Chris Trupe

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2017, 08:47:53 PM »

2 options:

1. Try a different DAW
2. Try a different PC

The third option would be significantly more expensive so let's just stick to those two.

Some questions though, are you recording to an SSD or an internal hard drive?

Pro Tools recommends no more than 32 tracks to a HDD so if your not recording to an SSD that would be another place to start looking for an issue, if this is a 5400RPM laptop hard drive I think 32 tracks would be pushing it as well, usually Pro Tools would simple throw a DAE error should the HDD be falling behind, not sure how Nuendo would deal with that situation.

Those are my next troubleshooting steps.  Reaper and Tracks Live are up next.
Recording to an Avastor external HHD Drive 7200RPM.

I don't think the drive is suspect as I have seen this drive do over 100 tracks at 96/24 before.
Though moving to an SSD can't hurt.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2017, 09:40:58 PM »

Chris, are the recorded tracks all the exact same length when you are done recording? Or are you missing audio on some, like they don't start or stop at the same time?

Do the tracks in your screen pic all start at the same time? or do the ones at the top, that appear to end later, also start later?

If they are all the exact same length, this would be an easy fix in Protools: highlight all the tracks, and Spot them to the same point in the timeline, like 0:00.00

Not sure what is going on here. But it seems like a software buffer issue to me. Whether that's something that you can address in Nuendo Live or not is another issue. I would get on the horn to the people at Yamaha/Steinberg and ask them WTF is up.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Chris Trupe

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2017, 10:09:17 AM »

Chris, are the recorded tracks all the exact same length when you are done recording? Or are you missing audio on some, like they don't start or stop at the same time?

Do the tracks in your screen pic all start at the same time? or do the ones at the top, that appear to end later, also start later?

If they are all the exact same length, this would be an easy fix in Protools: highlight all the tracks, and Spot them to the same point in the timeline, like 0:00.00

Not sure what is going on here. But it seems like a software buffer issue to me. Whether that's something that you can address in Nuendo Live or not is another issue. I would get on the horn to the people at Yamaha/Steinberg and ask them WTF is up.

All files start at the same point.
Some audio is delayed writing.
If audio starts later withing the file, that file is longer.
No audio is missing.
Line up all the ends of the files, and all audio lines up.
Supposed to be getting a call back from Yamaha today.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2017, 10:09:17 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 23 queries.