ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Nuendo Live Rec Tracks Not Lined Up  (Read 7055 times)

Chris Trupe

Nuendo Live Rec Tracks Not Lined Up
« on: November 08, 2017, 08:19:13 PM »

Digico SD10 Core 2 V929 at FOH
Digico SD Rack on Stage
HMA Optics
Digigrid MGB Madi to Ethernet Box at FOH in Doghouse of SD10
New ADK 8910 Laptop 32GB RAM
Avastor HDX Drive
All clocked off of optocore

All drivers for Soundgrid and MGB are up to date.  Windows 10 all up to date.
Recording 40 tracks at 96kHz/24bit.
Recording appears to record just fine, though when zooming in, or playing back via copy audio for virtual soundcheck, it is very noticeable that the tracks are not all lined up, up to 800ms off.
Can zoom in and manually go in and line up all tracks, what fun that is!!
Any ideas why my tracks are not lining up?  All recorded via copy audio from SD Rack to the MGB Box to the Laptop.

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
Re: Nuendo Live Rec Tracks Not Lined Up
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 05:00:03 PM »

Not something I've seen on Nuendo Live with Yamaha boards via Dante so probably in the getting to the laptop part of the universe but you probably already suspect that.  Any pattern to which tracks are offset ?  Any track count below which it stops happening?

Predrag Blagojevic

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 08:51:04 AM »

Not something I've seen on Nuendo Live with Yamaha boards via Dante so probably in the getting to the laptop part of the universe but you probably already suspect that.  Any pattern to which tracks are offset ?  Any track count below which it stops happening?
It happens with Yamaha boards via Dante too. I haven't  figured pattern, but what happens is that some tracks are not being recorded at the same time with other tracks. It means that recording of  the tracks in question starts later than other tracks(i.e. one second or maybe less later). When the recording is stoped software, for some reason aligns the tracks to the begining of the time line, but if I look at the end of the session, I can see that the duration of of some tracks differs from others.  The solution is simple, you just align the  tracks so that they end at same time...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

Predrag Blagojevic

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 08:51:14 AM »

It happens with Yamaha boards via Dante too. I haven't  figured pattern, but what happens is that some tracks are not being recorded at the same time with other tracks. It means that recording of  the tracks in question starts later than other tracks(i.e. one second or maybe less later). When the recording is stoped software, for some reason aligns the tracks to the begining of the time line, but if I look at the end of the session, I can see that the duration of of some tracks differs from others.  The solution is simple, you just align the  tracks so that they end at same time...

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 10:49:35 AM »

I'm assuming you are using DVS, rather than one of the Dante PCIe cards? This is just one more story of DVS oddity.

Is there any chance that the tracks in question have some sort of delay, analog emulation or other processing happening at the head amp level of your I/O racks?
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 11:46:34 AM »

I've found Nuendo Live to be unusable, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's the cause of the problem.
Try recording with Reaper and see if you still see the problem.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 07:16:57 PM »

Curious if this has any common threads.  I’ve been using Nuendo Live for five years across three Yamaha consoles, two RIOs and three Mac laptops all using DVS to connect.  Usually under 32 tracks but occasionally in the 40s. 48 was the highest track count ever used.  Worst issue was a copy of DVS that conflicted with something that was installed subsequently and on that machine I had to run under a different user to get DVS to not crash on launch. Could this be a track count issue, a Mac v Windows problem? Has anyone had this issue on a Mac?

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 02:02:23 AM »

I can't say that I have had this issue pop up. And I've used DVS on CL5s, PM5Ds, LS9s with Protools, QLab and Nuendo live and Reaper and probably a couple of other pieces of software on both Windows and Mac.

But I have had other issues that I haven't been able to solve and seem to be erratic. This is just one more in a list of odd issues with DVS. I'm really starting to loose faith in it and think that Audinate needs to issue a major, major update or a rewrite somewhere along the line.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Predrag Blagojevic

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 08:45:17 AM »

I'm assuming you are using DVS, rather than one of the Dante PCIe cards? This is just one more story of DVS oddity.

Is there any chance that the tracks in question have some sort of delay, analog emulation or other processing happening at the head amp level of your I/O racks?
Yes, I am using DVS. I haven't used any of the processors  from premium rack as inserts...

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 09:51:13 AM »

The only time i have had offset problems with DVS recordings it was a super low spec laptop machine with a 5400rpm hard drive and limited ram.  Never had the problem with a high spec machine with an SSD...

Now correlation doesn’t equal causation so who knows....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 09:51:13 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.