ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speakers comparison (JBL EON or passive and behringer)  (Read 5862 times)

Jose Alas

Speakers comparison (JBL EON or passive and behringer)
« on: November 08, 2017, 01:11:54 PM »

I have a pair of JBL eon 615 and i need two more monitors. I have received 2 offers either a pair of Behringer b615d of a pair of passive JBL mpro 215. Out of the 3 set of speakers which would you rate higher and why ? 

JBL model is old but i've heard they are very solid but these ones are used and at least 6-8 years of usage. The behringers were bought this year and are still under warranty.

Any experience with the Behringers ??  Are the EONs 615 better than the behringers B615D ??

Any input is appreciated.

Jose Alas

Re: Speakers comparison (JBL EON or passive and behringer)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 04:12:02 PM »

I have a pair of JBL eon 615 and i need two more monitors. I have received 2 offers either a pair of Behringer b615d of a pair of passive JBL mpro 215. Out of the 3 set of speakers which would you rate higher and why ? 

JBL model is old but i've heard they are very solid but these ones are used and at least 6-8 years of usage. The behringers were bought this year and are still under warranty.

Any experience with the Behringers ??  Are the EONs 615 better than the behringers B615D ??

Any input is appreciated.

a) Behringer b615d x 2 = $725 (Still under warranty)

b) Passive JBL mpro 215 x 2 = $275 + (crown power $250) = $525 (used)

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 06:28:33 PM »

Out of the 3 set of speakers which would you rate higher and why ? 
Can you find another set of EON 615's? If you got to have more then it's better to have them all the same at least. I don't like any of the boxes in your list but if I had to pick it would be a powered box and having owned some Behringer B512d I cant suggest those in good conscience.

Tom Burgess

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 11:44:57 AM »

a) Behringer b615d x 2 = $725 (Still under warranty)

b) Passive JBL mpro 215 x 2 = $275 + (crown power $250) = $525 (used)
c) JBL EON615 x 2 = $900.00 (new, with warranty, matches existing inventory)

While these aren't my first choice in powered speakers in general, since you already have a pair and they are certainly serviceable pieces I'd have to recommend option c).  Might be able to pick them up for under $900.00 a pair shipped with some crafty shopping.
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 01:17:14 PM »

Behringer warranty is normally non-tranferable but it varies in some countries.

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 05:30:57 PM »

I've used both the M-Pro 415 and Eons as monitors.  The M-Pros with the conical waveguide are far better sounding.  The compression driver isn't the most robust thing in the world but if you don't go crazy if holds up pretty well for the price.  There's a fair amount of bottom end so it's pretty easy to get a woofy sound that muddies up the stage.  One club I played in regularly had them and the house guy would eq them with this FM DJ sound.
The Eons don't have the same level of clarity or articulation.  Muddier boomier bass and less extension on top.  The 2nd Gen 15s were probably the worst things I've ever tried to get a clear stage sound out of (band leader owned them and would put a smile curve on the eq, the one time I cleaned it up and the singers said they could hear way better probably foretold my demise in that band.  ;) )

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 01:31:51 AM »

The JBL Mpro series is pretty darn good. The newer EON stuff is also pretty darn good. The Behringer stuff has gotten way better over the years, but I am not sure if it is as good as the Mpro stuff. I don't think it will be. While It would be nice to get the Mpro, it is also long discontinued. I would save up and get the matching EON model. I used the EON 600 series stuff once for a show and was actually impressed at its performance for such a low cost box. Not an Mpro, but still very good.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 01:31:51 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.