ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions on what pair of Subs to buy  (Read 3990 times)

Jose Alas

Suggestions on what pair of Subs to buy
« on: November 06, 2017, 01:39:48 PM »

I am about to get a pair of subwoofers and i am undecided between the Turbosound Milan M18B and the Behringer Eurolive B1800XP with Turbosound Speaker, any thoughts regarding both ? I felt the behringer gives a louder output but the sound in the turbosound is nicer.

I will be running a pair of CDJ 2000 pioneer and a allen heath xone 92 mixer , the audience is usually around 150-250 people. It will be running Techno, tech house, house, electronic music. As tops I have a pair of JBL EON 615

Loud is a priority, but also durability, sound quality, resell price. I am getting either of these subs:

Turbosound Milan M18B x 2

Behringer Eurolive B1800XP x 2

any input is appreciated
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:25:39 PM by Jose Alas »

Will Knight

• Queens, NY
Re: Suggestions on what pair of Subs to buy
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 02:58:49 PM »

I am about to get a pair of subwoofers and i am undecided between the Turbosound Milan M18B and the Behringer Eurolive B1800XP with Turbosound Speaker, any thoughts regarding both ? I felt the behringer gives a louder output but the sound in the turbosound is nicer.

I will be running a pair of CDJ 2000 pioneer and a allen heath xone 92 mixer , the audience is usually around 150-250 people. It will be running Techno, tech house, house, electronic music. As tops I have a pair of JBL EON 615

Loud is a priority, but also durability, sound quality, resell price. I am getting the subs for this prices at my country:

Turbosound Milan M18B x 2 = $1500 (on sale)

Behringer Eurolive B1800XP x 2 = $2000

any input is appreciated

Step 1 - sell the Eon615s
Step 2 - do Step 1 quickly.

Ok. Kidding aside, you have top shelf DJ mixer stuff and you want to put that through bottom of shelf speakers?  Particularly for the type of music you expect to be playing? 

Seriously there are much better choices out there (not sure where “your country is”) and even 1 good top (Yamaha DXR/DSR, JBL SRX8, RCF etc) and 1 sub (JTR, JBL SRX828, RCF ) would cost the same and blow away the combinations your looking at.

Regroup. Rethink and Return.  There is a popular - and appropriate saying on this forum by members. Buy Once. Cry Once.  If this is going to be YOUR business with an intention to gain - AND RETAIN - future clients, invest wisely now.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 03:22:29 PM by Will Knight »
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value — Albert Einstein.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 04:41:01 PM »

Ok. Kidding aside, you have top shelf DJ mixer stuff and you want to put that through bottom of shelf speakers?  Particularly for the type of music you expect to be playing? 

Seriously there are much better choices out there (not sure where “your country is”) and even 1 good top (Yamaha DXR/DSR, JBL SRX8, RCF etc) and 1 sub (JTR, JBL SRX828, RCF ) would cost the same and blow away the combinations your looking at.

Regroup. Rethink and Return.  There is a popular - and appropriate saying on this forum by members. Buy Once. Cry Once.  If this is going to be YOUR business with an intention to gain - AND RETAIN - future clients, invest wisely now.

Nice front end, you're right.  I think that was Jose's "buy once"...  It's also the most portable part and arguably the "artistic part" of what he does.

The related sayings are "buy once, cry once" and "the wrong product at the 'right price' is still the wrong product."  That he's here asking which of the choices might be the 'wrong product' speaks well.  I wish I knew...

This is where we'd normally suggest renting different speaker systems to help narrow down choices but we don't know if Jose has that option available to him, or if local rental systems are not significantly different from what he's using now.

My other generic advice is for prospective buyers to spend some cash to travel and audition equipment as best they can.  There isn't much I'd buy without hearing it, if I didn't have extreme confidence in the manufacturer.  Spending money to find out you really don't like something you ALMOST bought is a good thing; it's the highly discounted price of having to buy AGAIN because the first choice wasn't a good one.  Depending on what one is buying this might be taxi fare or a plane ticket & lodging but in my experience it's worth it.  Throw in some 3D time with Audio People From The Internet who might be in those locales and one is way ahead.

We'll have to wait for Jose to reply with more specifics as to his local situation, but it's nice to see he's put together a good front end.  I haven't heard either of his subwoofer options so I have no opinion and is why I suggest auditioning if he can.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jose Alas

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 12:03:50 AM »

I am from Central America. The options around here are very limited, the best equipment available is JBL, QSC, or DB technologies (everything is super overpriced) which would you recommend ? Thanks for the input, i am sort of new in this world

I highly appreciate it
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:26:33 PM by Jose Alas »

Jose Alas

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 12:09:00 AM »

Nice front end, you're right.  I think that was Jose's "buy once"...  It's also the most portable part and arguably the "artistic part" of what he does.

The related sayings are "buy once, cry once" and "the wrong product at the 'right price' is still the wrong product."  That he's here asking which of the choices might be the 'wrong product' speaks well.  I wish I knew...

This is where we'd normally suggest renting different speaker systems to help narrow down choices but we don't know if Jose has that option available to him, or if local rental systems are not significantly different from what he's using now.

My other generic advice is for prospective buyers to spend some cash to travel and audition equipment as best they can.  There isn't much I'd buy without hearing it, if I didn't have extreme confidence in the manufacturer.  Spending money to find out you really don't like something you ALMOST bought is a good thing; it's the highly discounted price of having to buy AGAIN because the first choice wasn't a good one.  Depending on what one is buying this might be taxi fare or a plane ticket & lodging but in my experience it's worth it.  Throw in some 3D time with Audio People From The Internet who might be in those locales and one is way ahead.

We'll have to wait for Jose to reply with more specifics as to his local situation, but it's nice to see he's put together a good front end.  I haven't heard either of his subwoofer options so I have no opinion and is why I suggest auditioning if he can.

Options are very limited, I live in Central America. The best equipment available is JBL, QSC, or DB technologies ... most of the providers i have found use old subs that sound awful or a prior version of the behringers.   

thanks for the input, its highly regarded I am a total newbie
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:26:14 PM by Jose Alas »

Royce Van Norman

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 10:48:26 AM »

Loud is a priority, but also durability, sound quality, resell price. I am getting either of these subs:

Turbosound Milan M18B x 2

Behringer Eurolive B1800XP x 2

any input is appreciated

I'm not an expert, but I put together a system that I've been really happy with (in part through consulting these guys).  Of course, a lot depends on your budget, and what you have available.  At any rate, what I put together was this.

Yamaha DSR 112 tops.
EV ETX 18SP Sub.

Wonderful sound and even with the 1 sub, there is plenty of power for size crowd you are talking about.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 10:48:26 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.