Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Subwoofer Forum

Suggestions on what pair of Subs to buy

<< < (2/2)

Royce Van Norman:

--- Quote from: Jose Alas on November 06, 2017, 01:39:48 PM ---I am about to get a pair of subwoofers and i am undecided between the Turbosound Milan M18B and the Behringer Eurolive B1800XP with Turbosound Speaker, any thoughts regarding both ? I felt the behringer gives a louder output but the sound in the turbosound is nicer.

I will be running a pair of CDJ 2000 pioneer and a allen heath xone 92 mixer , the audience is usually around 150-250 people. It will be running Techno, tech house, house, electronic music. As tops I have a pair of JBL EON 615

Loud is a priority, but also durability, sound quality, resell price. I am getting either of these subs:

Turbosound Milan M18B x 2

Behringer Eurolive B1800XP x 2

any input is appreciated

--- End quote ---

I'm not an expert, but I put together a system that I've been really happy with (in part through consulting these guys).  Of course, a lot depends on your budget, and what you have available.  At any rate, what I put together was this.

Yamaha DSR 112 tops.
EV ETX 18SP Sub.

Wonderful sound and even with the 1 sub, there is plenty of power for size crowd you are talking about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version