ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: K&M. . .figuring out where to jump in  (Read 11620 times)

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
K&M. . .figuring out where to jump in
« on: November 06, 2017, 01:24:54 PM »

Finally making the jump up to K&M stands. Having a tough time figuring out what I want/need.

Seems like the 210/9 in black is the way to go for a standard boom stand. Cleared out all the old (cheap) stands and will be starting from scratch, essentially.

Any other recommendations on stuff to pick up?

Any reason I should be buying chrome instead of black?
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Steve Eudaly

• Headline Productions
Re: K&M. . .figuring out where to jump in
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 01:33:18 PM »

210/9 is the way to go.

I like the 259 "low tripod" for drums/guitar/other short stand duties. It's tall enough that it can still hit mid-height stuff like hi-hats/aux perc and orchestra duties, but small enough to still easily fit several around a crowded stage or drum kit.

I also really like the 260 straight round base stand. Nice heavy base with a big rubber gasket on the bottom.

Our A-rig stand package is made purely of 210/9, 259 and 260 and has never left us wanting more.

Tim Hite

• Bad Quail
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 07:41:46 PM »

I also really like the 260 straight round base stand. Nice heavy base with a big rubber gasket on the bottom.

Any opinion on the one-handed stands (26085)?

Seems like they would work well for the award presentation type things where several speakers are cycling through on stage.
Bad Quail
Sound + Light + Image
Joshua Tree, California
Authorized Dealer for all this stuff

Ryan McLeod

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 08:11:17 PM »

Everything Steven said, but no one-handed/clutch stands.

We use the 26125 round base straight with the anti-vibration thing, made a big difference for us.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 08:31:36 PM »

Any opinion on the one-handed stands (26085)?

Seems like they would work well for the award presentation type things where several speakers are cycling through on stage.

I just picked up four of the K&M 26075 stackable base stands.  Haven't put them to work yet, but I'm impressed by the design and feel.  The continuous rubber gasket is far superior to 3 or 4 round feet (one or more of which seem to always go missing).

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Geert Friedhof

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 09:50:10 PM »

I have mostly  K&M 200, which are really indestructable, and don't have those very long legs, but are heavy enough for almost all microphones. The big advantage is more space and easier placement of monitors and pedalboxes etc.

I would also have a look at the 25600. But 210/9 should be fine.

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 11:34:17 PM »

210/9 here too, but I prefer chrome. Doesn't show scratches neatly as bad, and not as "trendy" looking.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 04:46:17 AM »

Finally making the jump up to K&M stands. Having a tough time figuring out what I want/need.

Seems like the 210/9 in black is the way to go for a standard boom stand. Cleared out all the old (cheap) stands and will be starting from scratch, essentially.

Any other recommendations on stuff to pick up?

Any reason I should be buying chrome instead of black?
I would recommend the ones with the barbell knob over the large wingnut for the boom pivot. The barbell is a bit easier to get tighter, and sometimes (almost always) you need that extra grip. I've ordered 210/9 and gotten both versions. I have subsequently found out that the 210/8 is about $15 cheaper, but comes with the wingnut. The 210/9 is supposed to come with the barbell. Both are very durable industry standards. Get black, for the same reason you get black gaff tape and black cables.

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 10:49:02 AM »

I also use K&M 210/9 and 259 stands, so I'll add another vote for them. I have 25 of each in my large stand case, and 8 tall/4 short in my small case. All of them are black, because black looks good on every stage. My cases have dividers that keep the stands looking nice.

My straight stands are Atlas right now, but I'll be changing those all to K&M at some point soon. The bases are much more stable.

I hate one-handed adjustable stands. A surprisingly large percentage of people can't figure out how to use them, but everyone seems to know how to use a normal one. If I were you, I'd stock a minimal number of them only if you had a regular artist that insisted on that type of stand. My guess is that it's unlikely that you'd ever need more than one.
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 11:09:39 AM »

I would recommend the ones with the barbell knob over the large wingnut for the boom pivot. The barbell is a bit easier to get tighter, and sometimes (almost always) you need that extra grip. I've ordered 210/9 and gotten both versions. I have subsequently found out that the 210/8 is about $15 cheaper, but comes with the wingnut. The 210/9 is supposed to come with the barbell. Both are very durable industry standards. Get black, for the same reason you get black gaff tape and black cables.

The other reason to get the barbell handle - it gives you a place to hang a mic cable (and guitarists will hang their 1/4" cable there, too).  Although most of the time I'm at FOH, I'll help build mic stands with mics and cables and it's nice to send out the whole thing in 1 step.

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 11:09:39 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.