ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Martin>Elation>Obsidian  (Read 2656 times)

John Fruits

Martin>Elation>Obsidian
« on: July 25, 2018, 08:29:19 PM »

Martin sold the M-series to Elation and now it looks like Elation is rebranding the line with a separate ID.
https://www.elationlighting.com/news/index/view/id/1256/
In a few weeks, this will be the new website:
http://www.obsidiancontrol.com/
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Martin>Elation>Obsidian
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 08:44:30 PM »

Interesting.  Elation isn’t a bad brand.  I’m surprised the powers at be feel the need to separate a known product from a known brand name. 

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 08:48:02 PM »

Interesting.  Elation isn’t a bad brand.  I’m surprised the powers at be feel the need to separate a known product from a known brand name.
Elation isn't "Pro", and to me at least is below Martin.  I can understand keeping higher end control out from under that name.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 09:00:08 PM »

Elation isn't "Pro", and to me at least is below Martin.  I can understand keeping higher end control out from under that name.

I disagree.  While Elation is no Clay Paky or ETC, their upper end products are seeing reasonable use by big-name providers and installers (similar to Chauvet Pro).  I’d at least have more confidence buying from a brand I recognize versus one I don’t.     

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 12:19:37 PM »

This is probably a response to Chauvet buying Chamsys MagicQ. Chamsys was an independent company so the magicQ branding still works. Martin is a competitor to Elation. Can't keep a competitors name on your new control product.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 07:47:01 PM »

This is probably a response to Chauvet buying Chamsys MagicQ. Chamsys was an independent company so the magicQ branding still works. Martin is a competitor to Elation. Can't keep a competitors name on your new control product.

That makes more sense to me.  I guess then why not rename it E-PC?  I believe Elation is also the US distributor for Capture, so it wouldn't be totally new for them to market someone else's product.  I can definitely see wanting to break ties with Martin and "M" products though.   

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 07:47:01 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.