ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crown XTi 6002 Security Cover  (Read 3255 times)

Robert Weaver

Crown XTi 6002 Security Cover
« on: March 01, 2018, 09:44:00 PM »

I ordered a security cover for the Crown XTi 6002 amp.  Upon installing the cover I discovered the cover doesn't fit due to the pullout handles of the 6002.  Does anyone know of a cover that will work?

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: Crown XTi 6002 Security Cover
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 10:17:24 PM »

I ordered a security cover for the Crown XTi 6002 amp.  Upon installing the cover I discovered the cover doesn't fit due to the pullout handles of the 6002.  Does anyone know of a cover that will work?

You can lock out the front panel menu buttons using the System Architect or Band Manager, but someone can still turn the knobs.

To put a security covers over equipment with handles a couple times like an XTI amp I used longer 10/32 screws, cut the heads off and used a nut to tighten up to the piece of equipment and double nuts to hold the security cover, not real elegant but it worked. If I was doing a lot of those I would some threaded studs with male threads to screw into the rack and female threads on the other end to screw the cover to.

Robert Weaver

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 10:28:23 PM »

You can lock out the front panel menu buttons using the System Architect or Band Manager, but someone can still turn the knobs.

To put a security covers over equipment with handles a couple times like an XTI amp I used longer 10/32 screws, cut the heads off and used a nut to tighten up to the piece of equipment and double nuts to hold the security cover, not real elegant but it worked. If I was doing a lot of those I would some threaded studs with male threads to screw into the rack and female threads on the other end to screw the cover to.

Some 10-32 hex standoffs with a washer might work if they were long enough.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 10:28:23 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 1.789 seconds with 21 queries.