ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: New Allen & Heath SQ Series  (Read 168518 times)

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
Re: New Allen & Heath SQ Series
« Reply #370 on: October 16, 2018, 07:44:39 PM »

Sadly, that is a long way off.

Keith did say that they are looking into having the SQ MixPad App have some offline capabilities? What that means, dunno.

That's how Mackie handles the DL-series stuff.  I've built entire shows on the app for my DL1608 and then when it connects to the mixer it asks if you want to upload the iPad show to the mixer and voila, you're live with all your settings.  Offline without a computer (just the app). I'm guessing that's what they meant, but I don't have any inside information.
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Michael Lascuola

• WoodlawnSound.com
« Reply #371 on: October 16, 2018, 08:03:02 PM »

That's how Mackie handles the DL-series stuff.  I've built entire shows on the app for my DL1608 and then when it connects to the mixer it asks if you want to upload the iPad show to the mixer and voila, you're live with all your settings.  Offline without a computer (just the app).
And this is a big deal for me.  I love when I have a handful of stage plots for the weekend, and can do most of the planning at my leisure during the week.
Colorado Springs, CO

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #372 on: October 16, 2018, 09:31:46 PM »

And this is a big deal for me.  I love when I have a handful of stage plots for the weekend, and can do most of the planning at my leisure during the week.
+1.  I really appreciate having X32 edit on my MacBook but could live with a tablet version for SQ if that's all that AH is offering.  I've been complaining about its lack for the QU series for a long while now (along with many others on the AH forums) but would welcome a SQ version as that's the direction my venue is heading anyway.
..db

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #373 on: October 16, 2018, 10:48:19 PM »

Regarding offline editor:
https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/offline-editor-3

They said that Midi control would be enabled, it wasn't.
TCP/IP midi control isn't enabled.

USB Midi is.

I was wrong, only DAW control. No MIDI control yet. I don't recall if they said it was coming Q3.
https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/midi-control-of-the-sq-mixer-is-not-supported-in-firmware-v1-3
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #374 on: October 16, 2018, 11:58:47 PM »

Regarding offline editor:
https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/offline-editor-3
TCP/IP midi control isn't enabled.

USB Midi is.

I was wrong, only DAW control. No MIDI control yet. I don't recall if they said it was coming Q3.
https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/midi-control-of-the-sq-mixer-is-not-supported-in-firmware-v1-3

Yes they did say the MIDI control would be in V1.3. I have an email trail where they said it would be and then just before 1.3 was to be released they said it wouldn't be. I was really hoping that the SQ series would be good but I was seriously disappointing when I had one for a few months.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #375 on: October 17, 2018, 08:39:05 AM »

Yes they did say the MIDI control would be in V1.3. I have an email trail where they said it would be and then just before 1.3 was to be released they said it wouldn't be. I was really hoping that the SQ series would be good but I was seriously disappointed when I had one for a few months.

Ahh, too bad.

It probably was being tested, but they saw some issues during FQT. Tried to delay it and fix it, but ultimately couldn't. Thus the Oct 9th release.

---

To each their own, I really enjoy mine. I've learned to fly across the controls and can direct people without experience to the pages they want to access from memory without struggle.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Andrea Litti

• my FB page
« Reply #376 on: October 17, 2018, 12:00:07 PM »

The lack of an apparently basic feature like HPF on mix outs still puzzles me.

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #377 on: October 17, 2018, 12:37:11 PM »

The MixPad app is still incredibly lacking.

I almost always end up doing the full sound check from a tablet so having a fully-featured app is a must. I'll mix the show from the console but at that point, all of the serious configuration and processing is set.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #378 on: October 17, 2018, 02:42:51 PM »

And on the A&H Forum a lot of people are not happy.
Just a friendly reminder to check the price of the mixer.  There will always be a wish list.  I'm not defending A&H for leaving anything off the mixer and I hope everyone's feature dreams are realized, however some perspective is in order - it's a lot of mixer for the money, and it is WAY, WAY more mixer than the X32.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #379 on: October 17, 2018, 05:21:22 PM »

Just a friendly reminder to check the price of the mixer.  There will always be a wish list.  I'm not defending A&H for leaving anything off the mixer and I hope everyone's feature dreams are realized, however some perspective is in order - it's a lot of mixer for the money, and it is WAY, WAY more mixer than the X32.

Specifically, now that V1.3 is released; absolutely - in some (most?) ways. Tie lines are impressive they don't use processing channels to accomplish it too.

They have more work to do, but in 12mo the features have gone from it passes extremely good sounding audio but that's it to 90-95% of promised (in literature) capabilities.

The MixPad app is still incredibly lacking.

True, one thing at a time?

I'm speculating that next is to finish the Midi TCP/IP & USB control that they had to leave off of V1.3

Then, app improvements (or at same time).

While I wish they would get on de-esser & MBC I bet it'll be 6mo before that happens.

Hopefully, we get something for xmas :)

Main thing with V1.3 is all the under-hood changes. Now that that is all out of the way I bet they can make changes quicker.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 05:24:27 PM by Nathan Riddle »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #379 on: October 17, 2018, 05:21:22 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.