ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: New Allen & Heath SQ Series  (Read 167427 times)

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
Re: New Allen & Heath SQ Series
« Reply #320 on: May 03, 2018, 12:55:50 AM »

Any ideas if A&H has plans to fill out the SQ Mixpad app?
It's pretty bare-bones at the moment. I know it's not everyone's preferred workflow but I've gotten quite fond of not being tethered to a console. The Qu app took a big leap forward when they added full functionality.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #321 on: May 03, 2018, 12:33:06 PM »

I have an SQ-5. I like it so far though it is still missing some important features. The basics are there so I hope they will fill in the missing stuff soonish.

Any ideas if A&H has plans to fill out the SQ Mixpad app?
It's pretty bare-bones at the moment. I know it's not everyone's preferred workflow but I've gotten quite fond of not being tethered to a console. The Qu app took a big leap forward when they added full functionality.

I'm quite active over in the A&H forums.

My best guess is late Q3 of 2018 (I expect Oct/Nov). They are poised to release a "major update" that has a ton of new functionality.

Fairly annoying it is taking a year since announcement/first shipment to get the full amount of capabilities originally stated, but it is what it is *shrug.*

Doesn't bother me and my uses. But it does bother all my potential clients...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 12:35:54 PM by Nathan Riddle »
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #322 on: May 03, 2018, 12:34:32 PM »

One feature I love is the ability to convert stereo aux sends to 2 mono sends.

This isn't possible. You have 12 aux sends (or groups) regardless of configuration (mono/stereo).

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #323 on: May 03, 2018, 11:42:11 PM »

I'm quite active over in the A&H forums.

My best guess is late Q3 of 2018 (I expect Oct/Nov). They are poised to release a "major update" that has a ton of new functionality.

Fairly annoying it is taking a year since announcement/first shipment to get the full amount of capabilities originally stated, but it is what it is *shrug.*

Doesn't bother me and my uses. But it does bother all my potential clients...

Who are you in the A&H forums? I am Lynx0849.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #324 on: May 04, 2018, 02:46:49 AM »

Who are you in the A&H forums? I am Lynx0849.

I am: lightingman117

Wasn't sure about real name or not. But most other forums are my lightingman117 username so I went for consistently and a tiny bit of privacy ;)

I figured you were the Rob-Spence guy?

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #325 on: May 04, 2018, 11:42:06 AM »

I am: lightingman117

Wasn't sure about real name or not. But most other forums are my lightingman117 username so I went for consistently and a tiny bit of privacy ;)

I figured you were the Rob-Spence guy?

Yup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Andrien (No Last Name)

« Reply #326 on: June 06, 2018, 06:56:24 AM »

LeVan Moxley

• King, NC
    • Moxley Production Services
« Reply #327 on: June 10, 2018, 05:00:31 PM »

Sweetwater is showing a price of $4999 for the SQ7.  They have also dropped the price of a GLD80 to the same $4999 and a GLD112 to $5999. Interesting...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SQ7--allen-and-heath-sq7-33-fader-32-preamp-digital-mixer

jim whitmer

« Reply #328 on: June 11, 2018, 12:33:46 PM »

I don't get to mix on a board with real faders more than a few times a year so justification will be tough!

This up there! As a more entry level (qu series replacement), why are they coming out with a physically larger desk instead of a SQ Pac?!?!

If I need a larger desk, I'll stick with the GLD or perhaps move into the Dlive C, The SQ series really needs a rack mount version for the bar/wedding/corp gigs. The price point is there, but not the form factor IMO.

Art Nadelman

« Reply #329 on: June 11, 2018, 02:07:48 PM »

This up there! As a more entry level (qu series replacement), why are they coming out with a physically larger desk instead of a SQ Pac?!?!

I personally think this is more aimed at the church volunteer crowd, much like the Qu-32 was.  Everything is in front of you for most churches what would buy this.  Easier for volunteers to run.

Art

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #329 on: June 11, 2018, 02:07:48 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.