ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: New Allen & Heath SQ Series  (Read 167446 times)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: New Allen & Heath SQ Series
« Reply #300 on: February 23, 2018, 08:39:22 AM »

Yes, we need update for GLD, especially the latest software update slow down the boot procedure to around 1-2min. I think another thing that's missing from GLD in SQ is Desktop Software.
Long bootup time on the GLD is almost always due to the network adapter being set to DHCP.  Set it to a static IP address and you won't have this problem anymore.

Andrien (No Last Name)

« Reply #301 on: February 23, 2018, 09:21:18 AM »

Long bootup time on the GLD is almost always due to the network adapter being set to DHCP.  Set it to a static IP address and you won't have this problem anymore.
Well, we have set it up with static IP actually, the slow bootup actually quite strange as the screen blink 3-4 times first then it boots.

Art Nadelman

« Reply #302 on: February 23, 2018, 11:18:17 AM »

Well, we have set it up with static IP actually, the slow bootup actually quite strange as the screen blink 3-4 times first then it boots.

I would contact tech support to make sure nothing is wrong with it. Mine boots in a few seconds.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #303 on: February 23, 2018, 12:08:44 PM »

This talk of boot times. The SQ boots quite fast. Less than 10s for sure.

I'll have to measure it sometime.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #304 on: February 23, 2018, 01:03:23 PM »

My iLive's take what feels like years to boot up the surface, but that's "normal" for them, about 2 minutes in reality.  The iLive MixRack is quicker, I think it passes audio in under 15 seconds.  I'm glad the newer stuff is quicker.
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
Re: Dante sample rates
« Reply #305 on: February 23, 2018, 01:08:00 PM »

Dante as a network transport protocol is sample rate agnostic. It can support the common rates from 48kHz to 192kHz, even multiple rates on the network simultaneously. Dante devices may or may not support multiple sample rates, and any device at a given sample rate can not communicate with another device at a different sample rate without SRC.

Mac

Thank you for the clarification Mac.  I clearly have some Dante learning to do.  Sounds like sample rate conversion at the mixer (or DSP, etc) is the feature I'm looking for. 

We all have different boxes that need to be checked.  One day soon hopefully the market will have enough options there will be a mixer for everyone's specific needs.
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Peter Morris

« Reply #306 on: February 23, 2018, 08:22:28 PM »

In talking with the new A&H sales manager recently, I mentioned how there is still a gap between the small dLive and the SQ6.  It's the gap that the GLD still occupies, for an unknown future time frame.   

Since the iLive morphed into the dLive (processing in the stage rack) and Qu morphed into SQ (processing in the surface), the only one left is the GLD.  I don't think it makes sense for a potential "super-GLD" to be it's own family, but to also have a slightly stripped down dLive core.  Like the GLD, processing in the surface.  The easiest way to get there is a larger SQ surface with a few more faders (32), few more dedicated knobs, and slightly increased channel count (64).  Priced around $5-6k or wherever the M32 is priced currently.

I don't have any inside knowledge this time, this is just educated guessing. 

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

On Facebook I would press the like button  ;)

Andrien (No Last Name)

« Reply #307 on: February 25, 2018, 02:25:12 AM »

I would contact tech support to make sure nothing is wrong with it. Mine boots in a few seconds.
Well that's ok actually, as long as there is no electric shutdown in the middle of service everything should be fine. The vibrating faders is annoying especially on ganged channels tho. Boot time of QU is quite fast, so I kinda expect SQ is fast too (both seems to have similar hardware arch with arms based processor for OS).

Art Nadelman

« Reply #308 on: February 25, 2018, 07:08:05 AM »

The vibrating faders is annoying especially on ganged channels tho.

????  Ganged channels hasn't yet been implanted on the SQ's.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #309 on: February 25, 2018, 09:06:58 AM »

????  Ganged channels hasn't yet been implanted on the SQ's.

Andrien is using a GLD.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #309 on: February 25, 2018, 09:06:58 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.