ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: New Allen & Heath SQ Series  (Read 167488 times)

Art Nadelman

Re: New Allen & Heath SQ Series
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2017, 03:23:59 PM »

iPad holder on the back of the console.

That's an optional iPad holder.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2017, 04:32:20 PM »

Hi Guys

I normally try to keep quiet around here, but since the issue of colour blindness with the chromatic metering has come up, and with there being little SQ documentation available so far, I thought I would add some extra information. I hope that's OK.

The channel meters on SQ have a configuration screen, where you can customise the thresholds and colours however you like. If green-yellow-orange is not effective for you, you could choose white-blue-red, green-orange, or whatever, with configurable thresholds for when the next colour comes in. The colours can be either a fixed brightness, or vary in brightness according to level. As an example, I just set a desk to use an increasing brightness of white from -30 dBu and upwards, with no colour changes at all. And yes, there is a restore to defaults button!

The dedicated peak LED always comes on at +15 dBu.

Regarding the per-bank peak LEDs, these are inside the bank buttons on SQ, so a bank button will turn red if a signal in that bank is peaking.

I hope this was helpful.

- Jeff, A&H

Thanks for sharing this Jeff!

Douglas R. Allen

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2017, 06:24:18 PM »

That's an optional iPad holder.

I didn't catch that, thanks! Sad it's only optional... should come with the board... :(
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2017, 06:54:57 PM »

So, you even dream or fantasies in b&w?

Well my dreams (  while sleeping ;-)   )  look the same as my vision when I'm awake.  I can't see color so I wouldn't dream any different. How could I?  Fantasy's emm what??  8)  I've simply never seen or never will know what color is.  Again just turn your color level all the way down on your TV, monitor etc. That is how I see things.

Douglas R. Allen

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2017, 09:40:20 PM »

Ah, ok... I was thinking that perhaps your color blindness was due to some ‘mechanical’ issue with the eyes.

I was also curious because my head took a hit a couple of years ago and for a very long time I was unable to envision(?) colors ‘in my head’ but I could still see colors normally when looking at stuff. It took several years before it came back to normal again...

I was born when b&w tv still was a thing and I was heavily into b&w photography ;-)

Well my dreams (  while sleeping ;-)   )  look the same as my vision when I'm awake.  I can't see color so I wouldn't dream any different. How could I?  Fantasy's emm what??  8)  I've simply never seen or never will know what color is.  Again just turn your color level all the way down on your TV, monitor etc. That is how I see things.

Douglas R. Allen

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2017, 10:07:34 PM »

Ah, ok... I was thinking that perhaps your color blindness was due to some ‘mechanical’ issue with the eyes.

I think it's most commonly a "mechanical" issue.

Inherited color blindness is caused by abnormal photopigments. These color-detecting molecules are located in cone-shaped cells within the retina, called cone cells. In humans, several genes are needed for the body to make photopigments, and defects in these genes can lead to color blindness.

There are three main kinds of color blindness, based on photopigment defects in the three different kinds of cones that respond to blue, green, and red light. Red-green color blindness is the most common, followed by blue-yellow color blindness. A complete absence of color vision —total color blindness – is rare.

Sometimes color blindness can be caused by physical or chemical damage to the eye, the optic nerve, or parts of the brain that process color information. Color vision can also decline with age, most often because of cataract - a clouding and yellowing of the eye’s lens.

John Fruits

« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2017, 04:53:23 AM »

Golly, this is a fun thread. Let's see, it just needs lots more blinky lights, lots more knobs and more space without blinky lights and knobs so there is room for the Ithingies.  Oh and still small and compact. 
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2017, 07:17:52 AM »

Golly, this is a fun thread. Let's see, it just needs lots more blinky lights, lots more knobs and more space without blinky lights and knobs so there is room for the Ithingies.  Oh and still small and compact.
Dont forget 96 channels and a lower price.

Peter Morris

« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2017, 07:59:57 AM »

Yep ... to put it into perspective - they have squeezed this amount of desk (both of them) (64 channels - 48 in + 8 stereo returns ) into a 19" rack mount 10.5 kg package ... including an EFX rack for not many dollars, not to mention great sound quality and ... ...  :o
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 08:27:42 PM by Peter Morris »

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2017, 08:42:53 AM »

Yep ... to put it into perspective - they have squeezed this amount of desk (64 channels - 48 in + 8 stereo returns ) into a 19" rack mount 10.5 kg package ... including an EFX rack for not many dollars, not to mention great sound quality and ... ...  :o

PLUS, 3 racks of processing.......
Kinda puts a light on things, doesn't it ?
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2017, 08:42:53 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.