ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: New Allen & Heath SQ Series  (Read 167422 times)

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
Re: New Allen & Heath SQ Series
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2017, 09:55:13 PM »

Duh, if your processing is outside the DSP of the mixer, it makes more sense.  Thanks for explaining that!

I’m a Dante noob, only used it so far for multitrack recording post-preamp into a daw, and BG music playback from iTunes on my laptop. Good to know there’s so much more to explore.
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Jonathan Wiegratz

• Boston Common Band - Boston Wedding Bands, RI Wedding Bands, Cape Cod
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2017, 10:46:53 PM »

One item I haven't seen anyone comment on is the rackmounting of the SQ-5.    We currently use our QU16 in an Audiopile Slant-rack case... with the board sitting completely flat in the slant-rack.   It appears (from the photo on the A&H website : http://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ-5-Rack.jpg ) that the SQ-5 sits fairly high/upright when racked.   This will cause a bit of an issue with our mix-rack case, as we only have about 2 3/4" of height from the slant-rack rails, to the top of the case, when the lid is put on for transport.

Is there any solution available, (rack tray, different mount, or otherwise) so the rear of the unit sits lower?  The SQ-5 is honestly the mixer we've been waiting for, for quite some time.   Hoping someone here has run into this before with competing boards... (M32R, dLive C1500, TF1, etc..)  whose found a solution!

Thx in advance!  :)

Edits for grammar corrections / clarity.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 10:56:51 PM by Jonathan Wiegratz »
Boston Common Entertainment | Boston Wedding Band+DJ Combos
Boston | Newport | Cape Cod | Caribbean

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2017, 04:32:19 AM »

One item I haven't seen anyone comment on is the rackmounting of the SQ-5.    We currently use our QU16 in an Audiopile Slant-rack case... with the board sitting completely flat in the slant-rack.   It appears (from the photo on the A&H website : http://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ-5-Rack.jpg ) that the SQ-5 sits fairly high/upright when racked.   This will cause a bit of an issue with our mix-rack case, as we only have about 2 3/4" of height from the slant-rack rails, to the top of the case, when the lid is put on for transport.

Is there any solution available, (rack tray, different mount, or otherwise) so the rear of the unit sits lower?  The SQ-5 is honestly the mixer we've been waiting for, for quite some time.   Hoping someone here has run into this before with competing boards... (M32R, dLive C1500, TF1, etc..)  whose found a solution!

Thx in advance!  :)

Edits for grammar corrections / clarity.

I use a Audiopile MXC-M32R case for my M32R.  Works like it should.

http://www.audiopile.net/MXC-M32R#tab-5

Jonathan Wiegratz

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2017, 10:31:50 AM »

I use a Audiopile MXC-M32R case for my M32R.  Works like it should.

Hi Douglas,  Thanks for the response!   Indeed -- for a standalone/purpose-built case like that, it will definitely work.

I'm referring to the Slant-Top Mix Rack cases : http://www.audiopile.net/CUDJ-P-22
We keep our QU16 mounted in the top (with all wireless mic + iem units / furman regulator / etc below),  which then articulates up when in use... then lays flat when being stored/transported.  The lid/cover only gives about 3" of height above the top of the rack.   It appears the SQ-5 is 6" or so tall above when racked....   so we'd need some way to set the SQ5 in a tray, lower in the slant-rack... or have it articulate backwards/downwards.

Hoping I'm making sense here.   :o

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2017, 10:51:21 AM »

Hi Douglas,  Thanks for the response!   Indeed -- for a standalone/purpose-built case like that, it will definitely work.

I'm referring to the Slant-Top Mix Rack cases : http://www.audiopile.net/CUDJ-P-22
We keep our QU16 mounted in the top (with all wireless mic + iem units / furman regulator / etc below),  which then articulates up when in use... then lays flat when being stored/transported.  The lid/cover only gives about 3" of height above the top of the rack.   It appears the SQ-5 is 6" or so tall above when racked....   so we'd need some way to set the SQ5 in a tray, lower in the slant-rack... or have it articulate backwards/downwards.

Maybe you could remove the moving rack rails and install a shelf to sit the mixer on? Tilting it up will not improve access.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Jonathan Wiegratz

« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2017, 11:01:42 AM »

Maybe you could remove the moving rack rails and install a shelf to sit the mixer on? Tilting it up will not improve access.

Hi Rob,   That was my first thought as well.   The moving rails are rivetted in, so we'd drill them out and plug them.
I just found this, which might fit the bill -- http://www.odysseygear.com/odyssey-products/arstc.html

Although certainly curious if there's other suggestions / solutions.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2017, 11:51:48 AM »

Got it. Don't know if your looking for new but I "believe" that same rack has a check box on it so it will fit a m32r. Might be worth a look anyway.

Douglas R. Allen

jim whitmer

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2017, 01:21:33 PM »

I used that exact rack for the M32R. I just drilled a couple extra holes in some generic rack brackets to angle the board down a bit and utilized other predrilled holes in the frame of the mixer. I think they may have been LS9 16 mounting brackets.

Jonathan Wiegratz

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2017, 01:28:05 PM »

I used that exact rack for the M32R. I just drilled a couple extra holes in some generic rack brackets to angle the board down a bit and utilized other predrilled holes in the frame of the mixer. I think they may have been LS9 16 mounting brackets.

Jim - you're the man!  Can you possibly post some photos of the handywork?

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2017, 03:51:51 PM »

One item I haven't seen anyone comment on is the rackmounting of the SQ-5.    We currently use our QU16... snip.

0.3" or 8mm difference.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2017, 03:51:51 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.