ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: New Allen & Heath SQ Series  (Read 168515 times)

Jonathan Wiegratz

• Boston Common Band - Boston Wedding Bands, RI Wedding Bands, Cape Cod
Re: New Allen & Heath SQ Series
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2017, 03:56:47 PM »

0.3" or 8mm difference.

Unfortunately, you've provided numbers for "Desk" mounted height.  IE; laying on a table.  Not rack mounted height, with how 'high' it sits above the rack rails.
Boston Common Entertainment | Boston Wedding Band+DJ Combos
Boston | Newport | Cape Cod | Caribbean

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2017, 04:11:11 PM »

Unfortunately, you've provided numbers for "Desk" mounted height.  IE; laying on a table.  Not rack mounted height, with how 'high' it sits above the rack rails.

I thought about that, I saw the line drawings at one point, but I believe A&H took them down. I still think I provided useful info because I provided a worse case scenario. The primary chassis of the SQ board is still the QU series, they just filled in the bottom 'L' shape with XCVI core...

Granted, that doesn't account for the new led strip at the top. (probably the .3")
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Jonathan Wiegratz

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2017, 04:26:01 PM »

I thought about that, I saw the line drawings at one point, but I believe A&H took them down. I still think I provided useful info because I provided a worse case scenario. The primary chassis of the SQ board is still the QU series, they just filled in the bottom 'L' shape with XCVI core...

Granted, that doesn't account for the new led strip at the top. (probably the .3")

Here's the image, right from A&H, showing how high it sits above the rack-rail height.

Peter Morris

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2017, 06:02:23 PM »

Here is the latest video on the SQ from Allen & Heath -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSR4AUP3kjU

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2017, 07:15:03 AM »

Hi Rob,   That was my first thought as well.   The moving rails are rivetted in, so we'd drill them out and plug them.
I just found this, which might fit the bill -- http://www.odysseygear.com/odyssey-products/arstc.html

Although certainly curious if there's other suggestions / solutions.

I use the same Audiopile rack and a quick test would be to tilt the flat board all the way up and see if the cover goes on, then measure the height to check for fit . You can also drop the tilt rails down a few U. This will require some work, but that will be your choice.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jonathan Wiegratz

« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2017, 08:17:33 AM »

I use the same Audiopile rack and a quick test would be to tilt the flat board all the way up and see if the cover goes on, then measure the height to check for fit . You can also drop the tilt rails down a few U. This will require some work, but that will be your choice.

Hi Bob, thanks for the suggestion.  Indeed, drilling out the rivets on the tilt rails and moving them down does appear like an option... although I'd like to avoid hacking up the case.  Seems as though I may be able to get away with putting a 4-post rack tray in the top mounting slot of the vertical rack; then having the SQ-5 simply free-stand on that.  (Perhaps secure it with velcro on the underside)
http://sierracases.com/rackit-4-post-mounting-ssr-shelves
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:48:26 AM by Jonathan Wiegratz »

Mark Amber

« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2017, 11:11:28 AM »

Do we think this chassis will be large enough that it will want to be in a rolling case with a doghouse and slot underneath for TalkBack mic and snacks or is this going to fit more in a pull over lid case? Doesn't look quite as tall as a QL1 which is what I'm hoping this can kinda compete with.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

richard_cooper

« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2017, 11:22:50 AM »

Doesn't look quite as tall as a QL1 which is what I'm hoping this can kinda compete with.

Looks like the QL1 is 272mm high, the SQ-5 198mm

Eric Wiebe

« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2017, 02:35:45 PM »

Although certainly curious if there's other suggestions / solutions.

Would it be possible to obtain or build a deeper top lid? That way you wouldn't need to modify the rails at all and the mixer would still be secure.

Chris Eddison

« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2017, 06:57:00 PM »

I’m starting to think about the successor to my trusty Roland M480. I was looking at D-Live but it was a big stretch financially. This could be the answer.
Only thing I’m not particularly keen on is the chromatic metering. Appears to be one LED that changes colour as the level changes. I understand it’s built to a price point, but as someone mixing theatre decent metering is a big deal when hunting for a faulty radio mic. I’d really prefer at least a 5 step led meter. At this price point though I guess I can’t complain too much.

I’ll be really interested to see the capabilities of the scene recalls. Particularly the ability to set the recall scope and also to see if DCA assignment, layer layout and DCA labelling can change on a cue by cue basis. That’d make for a fantastic console for regional theatre work.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2017, 06:57:00 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.