ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: New Allen & Heath SQ Series  (Read 167511 times)

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
Re: New Allen & Heath SQ Series
« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2017, 07:58:48 AM »

These are my two top requests for the SQ (and Qu) series.

Agreed, If Qu had those (& scribble strips) I'd be a lot more inclined to stay.
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2017, 09:56:18 AM »

Agreed, If Qu had those (& scribble strips) I'd be a lot more inclined to stay.
^^ +10 ^^
..db

Bob Harvey

• Central VA
« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2017, 02:34:59 PM »

Our rep now says that it will be mid January before an SQ appears.   :(

And that's how the Grinch stole Christmas ! 
- Bob

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2017, 04:10:07 PM »

Merry Grinchmas!
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Peter Morris

« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2017, 06:38:25 PM »

I have two on order and was promised mid December after the first delay ... and now it appears mid January. Not happy at all.  >:( I have work requiring a small mixing desk that I don't have over that period. 

I suspect I will be able to find another solution but luckily M and X 32's are in stock if I get stuck.

Very disappointing the way the release of this desk has been handled.

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2017, 06:51:23 PM »

I have one going in an install and I e been told late January arrival.

Rick Alan

« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2017, 08:47:02 PM »

My SQ5 was shipped yesterday from AM&S.  FedEx says it should be here Tuesday.

David Smeaton

« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2017, 09:17:53 AM »

This will be like any new product.  The first batch out of the factory will have been for earmarked for demos, VIP dealers and VIP customers.  They also probably underestimated the demand so everyone else has to join the queue until the backlog is cleared.  I had the same issue waiting for some Fractal Audio gear.  The delivery dates kept slipping and I just had to be patient.  It was worth it in the end!

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2017, 09:47:48 AM »

Agreed,

I haven't been around long enough to know about mixer product releases; but in general (tech) it seems nearly all product releases are handled poorly. (too much media hype causing demand causing back-orders and only VIP's seeing/getting/using them.)

That said, I expected the delays and I'll just be patient like all technology releases.

I'm mostly concerned that version 1.01 seems more of a beta than real software. I think this because 1.01 is missing some features from the stated manual.

I'm hoping their software dev & testing teams can crank out a 1.1 or 1.2 within the next few months so we have a stable starting platform with a large number of the stated features.

----

The quick answer is you are not likely to find the 99 cent preamp/AD converter chip to be in the same league as the boutique products.

I didn't understand this from earlier. Isn't this an incorrect/simplistic way of thinking about pre-amps?

The pre-amps & AD converter have long been able to be transparent, the difference is that the boutique pre-amps & AD converters aren't trying to be transparent they are trying to 'sound' a certain 'better' way meaning add harmonic distortion that we find pleasing to the ears.

The other threads on pre-amps have always been about how pre-amps don't really affect the sound. Perhaps the AD converters do?

What about articles like this: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/recording/mixing_digital_to_feel_like_analog1/
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2017, 11:48:20 AM »

----

I didn't understand this from earlier. Isn't this an incorrect/simplistic way of thinking about pre-amps?

The pre-amps & AD converter have long been able to be transparent, the difference is that the boutique pre-amps & AD converters aren't trying to be transparent they are trying to 'sound' a certain 'better' way meaning add harmonic distortion that we find pleasing to the ears.

The other threads on pre-amps have always been about how pre-amps don't really affect the sound. Perhaps the AD converters do?

What about articles like this: https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/recording/mixing_digital_to_feel_like_analog1/

No, I don't think it's either simplistic or incorrect.  Any *recordist* who is accustomed to using preamps that deliberately color the signal will not be happy with "clean" preamps unless she/he suddenly has a change of heart (or ears) about the desired sonic attributes of that input.

Recording is whole separate world with their equivalents of our Live Sound Voodoo thinking, assumptions and old (bad) habits.  t

To compare them is like calling a both a yellow student transportation bus and a band's tour bus "motor coaches".  Yeah, in some respect they are, but in reality they're very different beasts that perform a cursory similar task.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2017, 11:48:20 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 24 queries.