ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer x-live recording card  (Read 41588 times)

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
Re: Behringer x-live recording card
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2018, 05:06:57 PM »

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully mines only 17 days away! Its odd because I've seen in other groups people who have ordered theirs just this month and have them now. Maybe the size of the order has something to do with it.

Sweetwater still shows out of stock which may mean you'll be in on the next order.
This ad on Reverb indicates they have them on hand.
I wonder if there are any dealers here on the PSW forums that have any stock?

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2018, 06:28:11 PM »

Sweetwater still shows out of stock which may mean you'll be in on the next order.
This ad on Reverb indicates they have them on hand.
I wonder if there are any dealers here on the PSW forums that have any stock?

I ordered from a PSW dealer. I try to when ever possible. He's heard no news at all from them.  Could be they are supplying to larger dealers first.  Some kind of notice/date from behringer would be nice. They've had my money roughly 2 months now.  ( if it works that way ). 

Thanks;
    Douglas R. Allen

Will "GLiDE" Mims

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2018, 11:08:44 PM »

If you don't mind me asking when did you order yours?  I preordered mine November 20th and haven't seen it yet. Today is my birthday and I had hoped it would show up!

Douglas R. Allen

Ordered from the Candy company Nov 20, 2017.
Received Jan 18, 2018...

Terry Martin

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2018, 10:26:21 AM »

I’m still waiting for mine. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2018, 10:51:50 PM »

Formatting a sdxc into something other than exFAT is a breach of the sdcard association licensing program that the x-live is using, so as soon as a sdxc is detected the format option had to be removed to comply.
Citation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Will "GLiDE" Mims

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2018, 01:44:37 AM »

Need someone to write a utility (Windows GUI) that combines all the 4GB multi track files into one big multi track file.  Then split that one into the individual full length track .wav files.

Cymatic has a utility for their card...

I am getting my butt kicked by Reaper trying to do this.  I normally use Studio One 3 and it doesn't even have a utility to split the files into individual tracks.

John Chiara

« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2018, 12:32:49 PM »

Need someone to write a utility (Windows GUI) that combines all the 4GB multi track files into one big multi track file.  Then split that one into the individual full length track .wav files.

I am getting my butt kicked by Reaper trying to do this.  I normally use Studio One 3 and it doesn't even have a utility to split the files into individual tracks.
How can I get the Cymatic utility?

Jay Marr

« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2018, 02:25:30 PM »

I'm 100% with you, a utility is greatly needed.

BUT....you can do this with Studio One.
I just downloaded the Studio One demo this weekend (since Gibson closed Cakewalk...grrrr).
If you open the File Viewer in Studio One, and navigate to the folder your multichannel WAV file is in, you can right click over it and select 'split into mono files', or something like that.  I did it and it worked fine.  Then I drag/dropped the files right into the Tracks in Studio One....worked.

One thing that did happen though, which is SUPER odd.  Is after bring the 'chunks' of a single session, and sliding them together (so I have one big complete project now), I did some moving/cropping of the wav files...and all of a sudden the Waveform that you were viewing in Studio One, did not match the audio that you were hearing.  I'm not talking latency, I'm talking WAY different.
Like for a song that I didn't play guitar in, it looked like there was full tracked audio on my guitar track....but when you listened, the track was silent (which is should have been since I didn't play guitar).   And it wasn't 'background noise' on the track, because my guitar is direct.
Every track looked completely messed up. 
I had one of my band mates as the Presonus team because he's at NAMM right now, and they said they've never heard of that happening.  I still have the project saved and every time I open it up, same result.  What you hear does not match what you see.

Other than that, I'm loving Studio One.  I'm trying to decide between that and Reaper.  Both can split multichannel WAVs, so they're my top contenders.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2018, 05:21:49 PM »

I don’t have a copy of the licensing terms but you can find the essential info at the sdcard organization web page. I got my intel directly from the developers as they initially wanted to support sdxc using fat32 formatting, but found out that only exFAT was allowed. This is also the reason as to why the presonus series3 mixers only supports up to sdhc as well.

For some reason the exFAT licensing is quite expensive and it is a shame that the sdxc standard won’t allow you to do fat32 since it is capable of up to 2TB or so...

https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/capacity/index.html

Look at the ”sdxc standard”.

Citation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2018, 05:25:49 PM »

Where does reaper fail? I’ve had great success using reaper for converting the files created by the x-live.

The session file format is published by behringer and I’ve heard of a couple of people already started developing utilities.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2018, 05:25:49 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.